Any updates from anyone who has replaced the ReQuest Panels?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kopite59

Reaction score
Hi fellow Martin Logan lovers. My first post after a lot of lurking (apart from my system listing) so be gentle please!

Looking through the forums I've seen a few post from people think of replacing their panels on their ReQuests but not too many with follow up afterwards.

Has anyone done it, how difficult was the process and what did you think of the speakers after the upgrade?

I'm thinking of replacing mine. I've notice some falloff in the sound level and quality slowly over the past year or so on my 16 year old ReQuests.

I recently called ML and the replacements would be $1800 which is not small amount of money but when I look around for a speaker that could replace the ReQuest I'd be looking at a whole new chunk of change which I'd honestly prefer not to spend especially as I'm not sure I'd like the sound of anything other than the ReQuests!

Any thoughts or guidance from anyone having gone through the process would be very welcome?

Best regards,
Robin

Hola Kopite59 and welcome. Changing the Request panels is not a too difficult task, you will need a friend to help you. I will take you about a couple of hours to complete the whole process. All new panels come with a easy to follow instructions. Just do it step by step, and you will be done. Yes, those are a very expensive panels, but are covered by 5 years of warranty. If you have a problem, just send the serial number and you will have this warranty. In the DIY section, there is a shower directions. There, you will learn how to take apart the panels. http://www.martinloganowners.com/~t...n Logan Quest Stator Panel Shower Washing.pdf Happy listening!

Back