Ahhhh the "Pops" were Superb !!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Shirley and I along with two other couples attended for the 'umpteenth' time Peter Nero and the Philly Pops "Holiday Pops" concert. I must say that each year we do this, nothing gets me more in the spirt of the season than this concert. While not the longest running Pops conductor(Fiedler led the Boston Pops for fifty years) this concludes Nero's 30th year and he showed no signs of slowing down !

For special guests we had the von Trapp great grandchildren performing in conjunction with the Festival Chorus and the St Thomas Gospel choir and Phillys own Peter Conte on the organ. Peter plays the world famous Wanamaker organ in Phila, the largest pipe organ in the world.

It was so good to hear and appreciate the performance that I wish for one and all to be able to get to a live venue this holiday season and enjoy !

Nero headed the Florida Philharmonic Pops Orchestra here in West Palm until it's demise in 2004, and would do the same concert here. His lively renditions were always a joy. He has been sorely missed.

Back