Aerius speakers and PrimaLuna

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetherave

Reaction score
A friend of mine recommended I buy the 'PrimaLuna DiaLogue One' integrated tube amp for my Aerius speakers. Does anyone have any experience using these amps together with Martin Logan speakers? If so, can you let me know what you thought of the amp. (I listen to mostly clssical and jazz music moderat levels)
Thanks!

I've used the Prima luna amps with my Apogees, so it just might work.

I believe Upscale Audio does offer a return policy if you don't like them.
Kevin Deal is a pretty straight up guy, so just ask him before you buy.

Try the 4 ohm and even the 2 ohm tap to see what you get!

There's no reason why it won't work... and work well. Assuming you listen at moderate spl's and you have a quiet room, you should achieve a good result. ML's don't necessarily require huge watts to go loud. Although lots of clean smooth power is always nice.

Another thing, the low impedance really only kicks in a higher frequencies. Most well designed amplifiers shouldn't have a problem. I drove a pair of ML Aerius i's with an inexpensive Pioneer reciever with good results - and that receiver wasn't rated into anything below 6 ohms.

Last edited:
PrimaLuna with ML's

Hello Davetherave.

I've tried using my PrimaLuna Prologue Four with my ML Clarity's. From the Bass to the midrange, no problem. I find the upper frequencies cut off. I'm having to use my trusty MF A3cr. Dick Olsher wrote a review on the Vista's recently and found a similar problem with the Primaluna monoblocks, which have a 2ohm tap. The Dialogues may do the trick.

Good Luck..........

Back