Aerius I shower and liquid soap

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kk52

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new member to this forum. I need advice on my aerius I which I enjoyed since 1998! I have showered and applied liquid soap for both speakers as recommended for weak sound solution by this forum.
The liquid soap were applied first , and the result was good for a day! Then tried the shower, not really improve, weak sound as usual! Had swaped the panel and confirm it's not the power supply problem.

Only one speaker problem, please advice what should be the cause and how should it be done? I have tried to repeat the soap way but without result any more!

I have showered and applied liquid soap for both speakers as recommended for weak sound solution by this forum.
I don't know where you read that, I've always understood luke warm water only as any soap will leave residue.

I always heard that too... no soap.. it will leave a film.

Sounds to me like you're in need of new panels.

Thanks for the both comments. I meant using few drops of diluted liquid soap to the connection of the diaphram(enlisen's thread on weak sounding panel repair...nothing to lose). The shower was done with only warm water,no soap.

(enlisen's thread on weak sounding panel repair...nothing to lose).
I tried looking for the thread, lend me a hand and provide a link.

Maybe the panel just went bad, what's it's history, a slow or fast death?

You might want to replace stator panels both at the same time if it comes to that.

I tried looking for the thread, lend me a hand and provide a link.

Maybe the panel just went bad, what's it's history, a slow or fast death?

You might want to replace stator panels both at the same time if it comes to that.

here's the link:http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=606&highlight=repair

I bought it new since 1998, the right speaker slowly lost it's high frequency and loudness. The left is still working properly. I guess is slow death!?

But I don't understand why the right speaker came back to life when I first gave a few drops of liqiud soap along the bottom side of the panel?(this was done before the shower). And as mentioned, it was good for a day, then slowly it was back to the weak sound again. And now even after the shower and repeating with liquid soap won't revive it.

Thanks for your help.

Had swaped the panel and confirm it's not the power supply problem.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here. I take it to mean that you you switched the R & L speaker leads to verify that your amp or preamp had not blown a channel.

I recently had to keep adjusting my volume to favor the right side. Sure enough with in a few days a tube on the right channel went completely dead and would no longer bias up to specifications.

No, I switched-sides only the panels of both speakers to make sure it's not the power supply that is causing the weak sound problem.

Back