Aerius I panel problem

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddMaxxDrummer

Reaction score
Hello, i am hoping someone can help me here. i have a problem with one of my Aerius I panels. recently I noticed it is making a static noise... it sometimes stops but rarely. the sound is fine and it sounds the same as the other... but at low volumes I can really here the static sound.. and when I rub my hand over the panel it makes popping static sounds... which is odd because when i touch the other panel it doesnt do this...i have allowed the panel to discharge for 24hrs everytime before vacuuming and i have vacuumed 3 times with various brush attachments and with no brush to create stronger suction... but no luck.... any help would be appreciated... thanx

max

Can you describe the "static noise" better? If it's the 'normal' ESL squeaks and whistles but louder, then it indicates abnormal high voltage leakage (short) from diaphragm to stator.
How handy are you? Can you switch the left and right panels to see if the problem follows one panel or one HV supply? I'm guessing that one panel has a dirt build-up in the spacers causing some conduction (leakage). IF(!) this is the case, and vacuuming didn't help, then a shower may be in order (and in general I recommend the shower as a last resort only).

Back