Aerius i jumpers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iaerius

Reaction score
My recently purchased 1997 Aerius i came with only one jumper per side.
They were attached to the positive terminals. Is this normal ?
A.

Each speaker should have a pair of jumpers. One for the positive posts and one for the negative posts. So a total of 4 jumpers.

Trash the supplied jumpers. They are garbage.

Assuming you are not going to bi-amp, try Tom's link or pursue an equal alternative. Any "good" speaker wire with spades will do fine.

GG

Definitely bi-wire. If you want great price/performance ratio, check out Signal Cable. I've been using their bi-wired Ultra speaker cable and Analogue 2 RCA's until a recent upgrade to Nordost products. But for the price, Signal Cable is fantastic. I've never tried or heard Anti-cables, but they sound interesting too.

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions.
I currently bi-wire the speakers but I was just wondering what gives :confused:

p.s. I tried Anti-Cables speaker cable with Proac Tablette 50 connected to Cary SLI-80 sig amp and and they were absolutely THE worst cables I've ever heard :eek:
Perhaps not a good match with the Tablettes :rolleyes:
A

I assume you already know this but just in case you don't, remember to remove those jumpers when biwiring.

Hi A,

Was the speaker wire fully "broken in" when you did the listening test?

GG

I read somewhere (probably here) that when bi-wiring you should jumper together the negative terminals, though it did not say why. I can only theorize that the reason for it is that you may want to establish the same ground reference at both terminals.

Back