Adios Osama Bin Laden!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is hardly what I would consider "Justice" for all the pain, suffering, and death that he was responsible for. But it is one small bit of retribution. And more important, it is a warning. If you f*ck with us enough, we will get you. There is nowhere in the world that you can hide. We will find you, sooner or later, and we will kill you dead.

Is he REALLY dead? , Was he dead already? Why the secrecy of hiding his body. Since when is the Navy trained at Muslum sea burials? With him being PUBLIC enemy #1 I think the American people deserve to see his dead body for validity and proof to rest peacefully.. We seen Sadam Husein..........
Maybe I should live in Missouri ...

HMMMMMMM;)

Yeah, I would prefer to have him stuffed like Trigger.

I bet the Birthers and the Donald will come up with some conspiracy theory. I'm sure Orly Tates will come up with some documents that she will soon reveal on FOX news. :)

My first reaction was to jump out of my chair yelling YES!!! I almost put my fist through the ceiling.

I think it was a mistake.

The revenge mentality has only brought back someone who had become contemporarily irrelevant (but definately not historically) to the fore.

As a result, security must be raised in expectation of retaliation - which may well occur.

This act makes the world less safe, and adds fuel to the fire. If you want to kill him, do it anonymously and stay quiet about it.

What has happened is the reverse - kill him and make it a huge media event. More rule by fear. You're scared now, right? Or at least scared for those in areas you consider to be viable targets.

We need more security. More invasion into your privacy. More surveillance. More control. You could be a terrorist. Your next door neighbour could be. We'll spy on your web surfing. Your e-mails. Your brain waves. We'll tax you to death to pay for it. You'll have to work for it. We rule. If anyone opposes us, we'll kill you.

OK - an extreme way of making a point. But the point is there, I think.;)

Last edited:
Interesting perspective Justin but one to which I respectfully disagree.

The man has been in the forefront of many peoples fears and this does, to a certain extent, provide some sense of retribution and resolution.

Consequences, as you have stated. Absolutely.

But with all things in life, every action / decision has a plus and minus or the plural version thereof. My personal feeling is that there is more long term benefit for this event than negative.

Chris, I respect your position and have some friends who would agree with you. The Administration, as I heard on NPR tonight, is going to release photos that should put the uncertainty of what occurred beyond a reasonable doubt. The only question is how and when.

But there is always the other side, in my view extreme (example the Obama birthers position) that regardless of the "body of proof", there are those who will never accept what most people, dare I say reasonable, believe is fact.

We all know there are lots of bad people who wish the USA, and other countries for that matter, bad will. However I, for one, am very proud that the man is finally "swimming with the fishes" and the requisite message it sends. :D

GG

I also disagree.

It is unimaginable that we could have done anything else, or that there could have been any other resolution with this maniacal terrorist.

Perhaps this is the only thing with which I ever agreed with Dick Cheney and his "Osama's head on a platter" comment. As far as i am concerned, I agreed completely with the FBI's categorization of him as "Public Enemy #1." [Now Deceased].

And I'm damn proud of those seals, and the USA.

Gordon,Len I couldn't agree with you more, this has brought closure to many families who had loved ones killed by OBL in the attacks on our country.

I heard many victims families and friends recounting the feelings they had when they heard this news and what it means to finally have the person who caused them so much anguish finally brought to justice.

I for one am happy that we got him and have sent the message that however long it takes if you mess with the US we will retaliate and there will be no place on this planet where you can hide indefinitely.

I am proud of those SEALs that finished him off!!!

I think it was a mistake.

The revenge mentality has only brought back someone who had become contemporarily irrelevant (but definately not historically) to the fore.

As a result, security must be raised in expectation of retaliation - which may well occur.

This act makes the world less safe, and adds fuel to the fire. If you want to kill him, do it anonymously and stay quiet about it.

What has happened is the reverse - kill him and make it a huge media event. More rule by fear. You're scared now, right? Or at least scared for those in areas you consider to be viable targets.

We need more security. More invasion into your privacy. More surveillance. More control. You could be a terrorist. Your next door neighbour could be. We'll spy on your web surfing. Your e-mails. Your brain waves. We'll tax you to death to pay for it. You'll have to work for it. We rule. If anyone opposes us, we'll kill you.

OK - an extreme way of making a point. But the point is there, I think.;)

hmmm..... perhaps Englands sharia courts wouldn't even have allowed for this type of a hit? I for one don't like being held hostage to the idea that we can't seek retaliation for the mass murder of our civilians due to the fear of causing a reaction among other radicals. Among anyone with any sense, hearing about how this guy died with his wife being held in front of him as a shield from the bullets has to be a huge let down from their image of this "brave man". He is now laying among the crab crap and that's where he belongs.

hmmm..... perhaps Englands sharia courts wouldn't even have allowed for this type of a hit? I for one don't like being held hostage to the idea that we can't seek retaliation for the mass murder of our civilians due to the fear of causing a reaction among other radicals. Among anyone with any sense, hearing about how this guy died with his wife being held in front of him as a shield from the bullets has to be a huge let down from their image of this "brave man". He is now laying among the crab crap and that's where he belongs.

There's two sides to the coin. From our side I agree with you he is good dead. But then from the other side of the coin they simply won't see it that way.

Recurring revenge attacks just keep the war fuelled. Pathetic but true and a sad state for humanity to find itself stuck in.

In some sense, at least, what a pathetic bunch we humans are. We ought to be able to rise above it. But we can't.

There's two sides to the coin. From our side I agree with you he is good dead. But then from the other side of the coin they simply won't see it that way.

Recurring revenge attacks just keep the war fuelled. Pathetic but true and a sad state for humanity to find itself stuck in.

In some sense, at least, what a pathetic bunch we humans are. We ought to be able to rise above it. But we can't.

I guess that depends upon what you think is fueling Al Qaeda. Certainly they will try to take some form of revenge for this killing. However, I don't think that Al Qaeda as a militant organization, has members who are working a day job just waiting for something to give them cause to strike. If they have cells here in the US and abroad, and I believe they very likely do, then they are already planning for a strike at some opportune moment. This may bring that strike on sooner than later, but I don't buy into the "if we just leave them alone they will leave us alone" mentality. This could cause a lone individual to go haywire and commit some act that he might otherwise wouldn't have commited. But I don't think radical militants are under any type of restraining thought that doesn't allow them to act until we act first. It sure hasn't been that way in the past. Just a different view of thought.

Is he REALLY dead? , Was he dead already? Why the secrecy of hiding his body. Since when is the Navy trained at Muslum sea burials? With him being PUBLIC enemy #1 I think the American people deserve to see his dead body for validity and proof to rest peacefully.. We seen Sadam Husein..........
Maybe I should live in Missouri ...

HMMMMMMM;)

You may be being sarcastic...

I guess I'm part of the new Deather movement...
I demand to see his death certificate....long form! ;)

Seriously though, the burial at sea bit makes me believe that he was already dead. A quick 2 minute video/satellite feed would have done wonders to keep things clean.

Now I'm waiting for stories that Osama and Obama met each other when they were kids :p.

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

Justin may well be right. All I know is I told my 5yr old that we killed a man for being a mass killer and she didnt get it, she said it didnt make sense to do what we are upset he did....but then she isnt raised in the eye for an eye mentality, we dont want her to grow up in a world of one eyed peers.

So, the blood lust has been quenched, he is dead. Now I hope that we can end this stupid war and bring our troops home NOW. Lets end this endless war machine. Its doing nothing but bleeding us dry of the already spent tax revenue. Unlike the wealthy I pay taxes, I vote to spend that money here, not there.

I feel strongly that we had to do this. There is definitely a point where you can't wait for the bully to show up and hope that you can talk him out of it. Or constantly avoid him. He needed to be stopped. In the future there will be others who need to be stopped. This cycle will never end!!

Not knowing exactly what happened, maybe he couldn't be taken alive. And I think the burial at sea makes total sense. No shrine, no squabbling about where the body goes, just get rid of it. I just want to see proof.

I too, am extremely proud of our military, also. I guarantee they don't get paid what they deserve, and many others get paid 10 times what they deserve. Sorry, I should get off the soapbox.

Ben

Back