A Home With The Coolest Outdoor Home Theater

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read the rest of the captions and now I'm deeply depressed.:(

Most 43 year old architects don't run 13 person firms and have their name on the door. When they do, they can seldom afford a house like that. I'm almost five years older than the guy and feeling quite jealous now.

There is no way that I could ever afford Harvard or work for free for a famous architect like he did. My path was very different, taking 13 years to work my way to a Masters Degree. I run my own small firm, but I'm losing my mind trying to make it in Michigan's economy, a seven year recession they call it.

I should note that two of my local contemporaries, one with a six person firm, and the other with a 13 person firm, both extreemly talented, each had heart attacks. One of them died, the other lost his business and works for someone else part-time now.

You can kill yourself trying to make it in architecture.

Not for the weak of heart.:cool:

Don't have a heart attack! Just tack a sheet on the garage door, hook up an old digital projector, point the ML's out the window, crack a beer and play grab-ass with the wife or girlfriend, just not both at the same time...

My secret lifestyle.:D

1440toilet_redneck.jpg

Most 43 year old architects don't run 13 person firms and have their name on the door.

I guess that's the difference between being an architect in Michigan and being an architect in Hollywood. George, have you ever thought of moving to another area of the country that is in better economic shape, like the south or the southwest. I know the economy is doing pretty well down here in cities like Huntsville, Birmingham, Chattanooga, Atlanta and others. I know several architects here in Huntsville that are finding plenty of work. Of course, moving cross-country and starting over in a profession like that is always tough.

Thats what I'm talkin' bout! "Hey, Wake Up Sis, Looky what the pitbulls brung home for breakfast" :)

Latest posts

Back