3 Year old Aeon i vs new Aeon i for $500 difference?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snappy

Reaction score
What you guys think, should I get the used one and pocket the difference or get the brand new set with warranty for the $500 premium?

Please help as I have to decide within 24 hours. then the deal runs out

Get the new ones for $500...I would think a 5 year warranty is worth the $9/month in extra cost. If something happens (unlikely but possible) that extra $500 will seem like nothing. If nothing happens it will have been a fairly cheap insurance policy.

All the best, you will love them either way!

Done deal. Sold my Aerius i's today and picked up the Aeon i's from Magnolia. It was true luck that he found a pair. They said they were sold out 4 months ago. thanks for the input everyone.

Congrats! Start playing music now and get them well broken in and then REALLY enjoy them! Let us know your thoughts on how they compare tot he Aerius i's. I have a pair of those in my Zone 2 formal living area. I like them pretty well personally. Used them early on as my rear HT speakers.

Done deal. Sold my Aerius i's today and picked up the Aeon i's from Magnolia. It was true luck that he found a pair. They said they were sold out 4 months ago. thanks for the input everyone.

It all depends on how much you are willing to expend, and on finding a good deal.

Last May I bought a mint pair of Aeon-i demonstrators for slightly under $2000 (plus tax, full warranty). They were like new, not even broken in yet. At the same time I could have bought a new pair at the same shop for $2300 (plus tax).

For $300 less and warranty included, going for the demonstrators was the obvious choice. I could even see and hear my Aeons before I bought them.

If you can get new Aeon-is for $2300 or less, go for them.

If the price is more than that, check the Tweeters and Magnolias for clearances and find a better deal on a new or demonstrator pair. Buy used only if unsuccessful.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back