2008 "Get Together" - RMAF IS IT !!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dinner gathering @ RMAF this year

• yes count me in !

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • no thanks !

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
No ML at RMAF?

I hope to attend RMAF, but I didn't see ML (or ARC) on the exhibitor list. I've not been to RMAF before, so does ML usually exhibit there? If not, do some of the exhibitors use ML speakers? It's sure be nice to see the CLXs in the flesh, so to speak (and even better the hear 'em!)...

I attended last year and just got my airline tickets. Last year I rented a car but it sat in the driveway for all three days. This year I was thinking of taking the shuttle. Did anyone do it last year? On time? Pain in the a$$? I usually never even think about doing this but what a waste for a car to sit for three days....

Thanks-

I hope to attend RMAF, but I didn't see ML (or ARC) on the exhibitor list. I've not been to RMAF before, so does ML usually exhibit there? If not, do some of the exhibitors use ML speakers? It's sure be nice to see the CLXs in the flesh, so to speak (and even better the hear 'em!)...

I doubt it Rich, I'm not sure but I thought I saw somewhere that M/L was going to be in Denver @ the CEDIA show next month with the CLX's ???

When is the MLO dinner planned for? I am trying to move heaven and earth to get to RMAF, and remembered that Oct 12 is the birthday of the wife of the friend at whose place I would stay, so I would prefer to celebrate with them on that day.

When is the MLO dinner planned for? I am trying to move heaven and earth to get to RMAF, and remembered that Oct 12 is the birthday of the wife of the friend at whose place I would stay, so I would prefer to celebrate with them on that day.

Sat 10/11 will be the date, no official location / time yet. Tim has some ideas and once we have a handle on head count of those DEFINETLY attending and interested in dinner we will so advise.

Should have it posted by months end......I hope !

Continuing to work on the details, but was planning the date for Saturday 10/11 as Dave said. My sister in law in the manager of the same restaurant that the "Early Show" was broadcasting from during the DNC. I recall they had a private room, so I'm working that angle and negotiating some preferential pricing. It's right downtown for those who want to go out exploring after dinner.

http://www.racinesrestaurant.com/index.htm

Also planning a small coc$tail party at my place the previous evening - Friday Oct. 10 at my place with drinks and light appetizers.

I just need a body count for both evenings so I may as well start one here:

1. Tim Bingaman (MiTT)
2. Sandy Boggs (MiTT's better half)
3. ?

Last edited:
Another location I'm scouting is a favorite haunt. Pool tables and cigar bar upstairs, great food and beer made on the premises. Formerly owned by the Mayor of our fair city his honor John Hickenlooper.

http://www.wynkoop.com/

Hey Dave - it's across the street from Union Station...

1. Tim Bingaman (MiTT)
3. Dave B. aka "Twitchy"

I filled in space #3 !

ps - I like the beer choices....Railroad theme...yeah baby !

Tim -

I am reviewing our schedule. I will get back to you soon. I think the saturday evening dinner/gathering is a go for sure.

Erik

Originally Posted by MiTT

1. Tim Bingaman (MiTT)
3. Dave B. aka "Twitchy"
4. Steve Truett (slowGEEZR)
5. Joyce Truett (sG's better half)

6. Ralph (Boxeater)

I'd like to meet up with yall as well if you'll have me!

Would love to meet you guys and say hello.

I know I can at least make it for drinks! Will this be relatively
close to on site, or off campus somewhere? Also, I missed it
will this be Friday night or Sat?

Thanks!

Would love to meet you guys and say hello.

I know I can at least make it for drinks! Will this be relatively
close to on site, or off campus somewhere? Also, I missed it
will this be Friday night or Sat?

Thanks!

That's great, Jeff. As I understand it so far, Tim has graciously offered to do hors d'oeuvres at his house on Friday and has also scoped out a couple of different places for dinner on Saturday. Dave, Tim, are you guys close to finalizing time and place? I can't believe this thing is only a few weeks away!

Back