Custom Search

Thread: Musical Fidelity A370

Transparent

Default Musical Fidelity A370

Hi all,

I would like to know your opinions regarding the Musical Fidelity A370 power amps and things like: how old they are, what the original price was etc...I searched the MF site and only the A370.2 came up. Not much information on the web. The only things that I know are, they are rated at 195 Watts Class A per channel and it is about 50 Kg.

Thanks, Transpa.

Thumbs up Musical Fidelity power amplifiers...

Quote Originally Posted by Transparent
    Hi all,

I would like to know your opinions regarding the Musical Fidelity A370 power amps and things like: how old they are, what the original price was etc...I searched the MF site and only the A370.2 came up. Not much information on the web. The only things that I know are, they are rated at 195 Watts Class A per channel and it is about 50 Kg.

Thanks, Transpa.
    Transparent,

Musical Fidelity Web-site, has much information under the products section regarding their power amplifiers. Musical Fidelity is a world renowned company. Excellent quality SS as well as Tubes electronics power amps. integrated amplifiers A5 series, A3.5 series, X-series, Small X-series etc. wonderful gear...

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/mf/en.../a5_integrated

Goodwins High end web-site has prices of some of Musical Fidelity's gear.

http://www.goodwinshighend.com/amp.htm#musicalfidelity

Musical Fidelity as I recall is a United Kingdom based company, I believe, and have been around a while, SugarMedia (ML Club - senior member) knows more and is quite knowledgeable about MF equipment and has some of their gear, like a tubed CD player etc...
    HTH
    Last edited by Robin; 02-19-2006 at 10:25 PM.

Transparent

Thanks for your answer, Robin. The MF A5 is a killer amp but being an UK product it means "too-expensive-for-Down-Under." I searched for the A370 on the MF's website but could not find it, I could only find the A370.2 and I don't know if they are similar or not and more importantly, how old are the A370s?

Thanks again, Robin.

PS: Love your Anthem Statement P5 amplifier but don't forget to let us know when you decide to hang it up :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Transparent
    Hi all,

Thanks, Transpa.
    Greetings Transparent. The A370 is about 15 years old and is selling for around $1650.00 -2350 Australian dollars. From what I've read, it still out preforms some of the more modern day amps. It is rated at 185 Watts Class A.

As far as the archived products on the MF site, I also noticed that there are a few others that are not listed. So you might find a call to their office the best way to get add'tl info.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Click HERE to see my system #130: Musical Fidelity- A5 Tubed CD Player & A5 Integrated Amp. Speakers- ML Aeon-i. Cables- Nordost Red Dawn and SPM Reference Interconnects

Transparent

Thank you very much, SugarMedia. The information that you've provided are very helpful.

Cheers, Transpa.

Anytime. And perhaps the schematics mean more to you than me. btw, the original price was 5,500
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SugarMedia; 02-20-2006 at 03:55 AM.
    Click HERE to see my system #130: Musical Fidelity- A5 Tubed CD Player & A5 Integrated Amp. Speakers- ML Aeon-i. Cables- Nordost Red Dawn and SPM Reference Interconnects

hsam

Default Price on MF

In the UK you can get a mint cont a370 mkII for around 800.I had one for a couple of years Very good amp.(but eats alot of power) After that i went to a A5 amp. use that for about 4 weeks liked it so much that i now have a KW500.

Quote Originally Posted by hsam
    liked it so much that i now have a KW500.
    I would like to own that one too, along with the KW sacd. Have you by chance had the opportunity to listen to the SACD player?

Transparent

Quote Originally Posted by hsam
    In the UK you can get a mint cont a370 mkII for around 800.I had one for a couple of years Very good amp.(but eats alot of power) After that i went to a A5 amp. use that for about 4 weeks liked it so much that i now have a KW500.
    Thanks for your info., Hsam.

Regards, Transpa.

hsam

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMedia
    I would like to own that one too, along with the KW sacd. Have you by chance had the opportunity to listen to the SACD player?
    Yes i have had a demo of it)KW sacd). Still like the MF 3D nu-vista better.But with sacd replaythe KW SACD is the best.Had it up against a sony scd 777 es moded at audiocom and the kW SACD won by miles.