System #91 (CLS IIz, Stylos)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice room. Very nice system. B&W seems to mesh quite nicely with ML's. So do Klipsch, even though both speaker brands couldn't be any further apart in tonality. The lighting is absolutely awesome!

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I completely misunderstood the post. I was looking at the "nice bulbs" on the newscaster on the screen.

Hey Radu, did you change your lighting?

Just kidding. Your system as always looks AWESOME.

Hi guys, long time no see... many things have happened in the meantime, but let's say that it all boils down to :

- new house
- new furniture
and...
- new Logans (Ethos).

Here are some pictures.

Seating is Ekornes Stressless

TV furniture : Spectral cocoon

IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3814.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3817.jpg

Last edited:
First Robin and now you Radu, nice to hear from both of you ! the new enviromwent looks very nice indeed !

Welcome back! To both you and Robin. It looks like you've got some new electronics as well? Nice room. How's the view outside from this one?

WOW! Looks amazing! I wish I could get the stress less sofas. I just got one chair and I got it 1/2 price new. Your room looks so awesome!

Radu! Very good to see you here again. Your new room and new equipment all looks wonderful. I do recognize that red saucer chair from when I sat in it listening to your CLS's though, a very fond memory for me. I hope the view from this house is as spectacular as the one from your old one. Here's wishing you a great 2013 my friend.

Thanks all for the warm welcome back ! During the weekend I'll post some pictures with the outside + view, which is not really spectacular as it used to be, but the house is twice bigger and much better built. I'll also go through the few new electronics. Many of the old ones are now in the basement, in a cozy room with a fireplace. I'll take a pic of that, too.

IMG_3815.jpg

Last edited:
Electronics

Electronics
-------------

a) the Problem

The current situation is merely the meeting point of about 6 vectors. While one of those belongs to the "best sound possible, regardless" family, the remaining 5 are WAF vectors. Let's see the latter:

1) Only 2 loudspeakers, no subwoofers. They might be Martin Logans, point given. But small footprint, please.

2) No inch-thick snakes hanging around on the floor, even it they're labelled MIT or Cardas or whatever. No cables are to be seen, point.

3) The loudspeakers from 1) should deliver both in HT/TV mode as well as in music reproduction/Stereo mode.

4) Less remotes -> less gear

5) No passive room correction whatsoever. No sh*t on walls, floor, ceiling. Nada.

b) the Solution

- Ditched the Benchmark DAC and got a PS Audio digital link DAC. Perfect performance (but here I'm biased, I really love PS Audio stuff anyway). With its 3 inputs (coax, optical, USB) it nowadays serve as a switch between the 2 inputs (TV and Music). Once I discontinue some MacMini I'll use the USB input, too. Kudos, Paul.

- Got myself a Meridian G98 CD/DVD transport, this one needs no further comments.

- replaced the equalizer with a Lyngdorf RP-1 "room perfect" correction processor. Solves point 5)

• there's a optical cable running from the TV set to the PS Audio DAC
• there's a HDMI cable running from the Meridian G98 to the TV

so that the following Scenarios are fully covered:

1) Watch TV.

- Set the DAC on optical input.
- Set the TV: input = cable. Enjoy.

2) Watch DVDs

- Set the DAC on COAX input.
- Set the TV : input = HDMI 1.
- Load a DVD into the Meridian and press play. Enjoy.

3) Listen to HiFi

- Set the DAC on COAX input.
- turn TV off lol
- load a CD into the Meridian and press play.

everybody happy !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back