Summit/hometheater

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
The summits are considered to be full range so For hometheater should I set the summits as small and crossover at 40hz to the subs or set them up as large and cross over at 40hz? I have a lexicon mc12v5 processor. When listening to music I use two channel bypass which eliminates all processing. Thanks

The summits are considered to be full range so For hometheater should I set the summits as small and crossover at 40hz to the subs or set them up as large and cross over at 40hz? I have a lexicon mc12v5 processor. When listening to music I use two channel bypass which eliminates all processing. Thanks

If you get another center speaker which is a full range electrostat, like the EM ESL, you will probably have a better music system than most. I have heard a Montis L and R with EM ESL for center, with Bryson processor and power amp, it was superb on classical. There was a REL sub. And not even properly set up.

If you have a good sub or subs you should always have the crossover at 80 minimum for home theater. Should outperform any full range speaker. I have a Seaton Submersive with my Theos and it sounds excellent. The best of both worlds, great high/mid range speakers with great lows from a sub.

If you have a good sub or subs you should always have the crossover at 80 minimum for home theater. Should outperform any full range speaker. I have a Seaton Submersive with my Theos and it sounds excellent. The best of both worlds, great high/mid range speakers with great lows from a sub.

Crossing over at 80 Hz is often recommended. I have played with everything from 30 Hz to 120 Hz and finally settled on 80 Hz. Yes the Summits are a full range speaker but why work them any harder than necessary. Also, you have a larger area to choose for sub location. Enjoy.

Gary

Agreed. I set mine by measurement and they ended up somewhere in the 80 ballpark.

Sounds like u people are saying I should set the summits to small and crossover at 80hz to the depth subs. correct!

Back