New JBL Planar Speakers for the Car

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMAUSGP

Reaction score
Just took delivery of my new JBL Planar speakers with their new JBL Audiophile sounds system that sounds pretty good.

Oh and it supports HiRes DVD Audio with 5.1 surround sound that sounds pretty good if you are a multi-channel kind of guy, which as you know I am.:D

But IMHO they are the best looking speakers I have ever seen.......of course I am biased.:D

Attachments

• 1DSC02435.jpg
    1DSC02435.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0768ss.jpg
    IMG_0768ss.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 295
  • 1DSC02425.jpg
    1DSC02425.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 291
  • 1DSC02437.jpg
    1DSC02437.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 297
  • 1DSC02439.jpg
    1DSC02439.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Very nice...very very nice. I can only dream of ever riding in a car like that, let alone ever own one. :bowdown:

There's a car?? I thought that was just the speaker enclosure:D

There's something missing - room treatments. Of course, if you were driving that machine in England you would not need any room treatments - right Justin?

So, you bought the speakers and they threw in the car ?

Last edited:
Oh and it supports HiRes DVD Audio with 5.1 surround sound that sounds pretty good if you are a multi-channel kind of guy, which as you know I am.:D
But isn't the sweet spot in the middle, where the gear shift is ? :confused:

There's something missing - room treatments. Of course, if you were driving that machine in England you would not need any room treatments - right Justin?

Right Bernard. The laws of acoustics are somewhat different here in Europe.;)

You'd just chuck the Apogees in there, right? They'll sound just dandy 'cos it's the speakers that are most important.

Yup. It sez so in the manual so it must be true.. little or no room treatments... download it and see. Tis the truth.

You can sit in the middle. Well you're still sitting on the console. The gear shifters are paddles on the steering wheel.

Ah, OK. After I submitted the post I went back and took a look again, and wondered where the gear shifter was. Can be mighty uncomfortable in the middle, though.

What there was a car in there aswell? :D

But serious, do you really need a stereo in a 458. Only seen and HEARD!! it on Top Gear. No need to say more.... :D

Bernard,

You should check out the Stearing Wheel, all the controls and I mean all of them are on the stearing wheel, lights, wipers, starter, suspension, engine mapping, transmission, differential, turn signals, radio controls, nav controls, status controls which brings up all kinds of stuff on the virtual dash which is made up of two separate but equal sized computer displays.

And as for stereo in a 458, it's 5.1 surround sound:D

Seriously, the 458 has buttons that control the behavior of the car and it can assume the identity of a RACE CAR or you can make it into a Lexus 460L, quiet as a mouse. And it can assume identities in between, it truly is amazing.

With the new Michelin Super Sports it can do 0 to 60 in 3.0 seconds and 0 to 100 in about 6.4 seconds or you can puddle along at 70 and it literally is as quiet as my Lexus and the sound system sounds even better at 210 MPH:D

My snowmobile can beat your bike and my car but it is not as much fun when it slides at 180 miles an hour:D

I wish I lived near you JM to go for a spin in that awesome car .I bet you turn heads when rolling down the street in that beast

I wish I lived near you JM to go for a spin in that awesome car .I bet you turn heads when rolling down the street in that beast

I kind of expected Hocky to chime in and suggest exactly that, since he lives about 10 minutes from me.

And yes it does attract attention even when in Lexus mode. In fact you know how conversations start with this car is so fast it can do 0 to 60 in 3 seconds flat, well here is what the Italia can do............

Attachments

• girl.jpg
    girl.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 216
Back