A new addition

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron, doesn't Burmester make a killer stereo system for the Porche? It's probably 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the CLX. Will that work in your car? For me this would be a much more meaningful upgrade. Great music at home. Great music on the road. And you guys have some killer roads in California. I would be riding up Highway 1 and jamming every weekend...

I mean a better upgrade than a second pair of CLX.

Now that was a bit tongue-in-cheek, Bernard. Google San Fran to Indiana. It's a long way...

Unless my geography is off, you will have to fly over Indiana to get to San Fran from England.:D

Yeah, I wonder what kinda sound system Joe has in his jalopy.

Actually Bernard I have the standard 19 speaker 5.1 DVD Audio Mark Leavoutsin system in my daily driver. It came with the car, it may have been a slight upgrade but there are thousands of Toyotas out there running them. It is not bad, but it doesn't hold a candle to the CLXs. Carrying CLXs in the back seat is really a bit ch:D

The other car has a two channel 9 speaker system that is definitely just background noise for the music machine behind your head.:D

Up until 1998 my favorite car came with no radio at all, none. The owner and company founder said that his cars did not need one, that the engine was all the music that the cars needed, and he refused to put them in.

It took ten years after his death for the factory to put the first stereos in their cars.

Now you can spend 20 grand on upgraded HiFi option with custom sub enclosures in leather and alcantara. I still don't go for the hi-end in the car, I usually opt for the base radio and cd player.:music:

Truthfully I think I would get them with almost no options but those days are long gone.

As they say in the yard, "smoke'em if you got'em".:D

Last edited:
Unless my geography is off, you will have to fly over Indiana to get to San Fran from England.:D

Well, I'll parachute out then...:D Or bungie jump out and pick up a pair of CLXs on the way.

Hey, look what turned up in my drive the other day.

Rough ride. No internal space. Noisy. Only seats 2. Costs a fortune to insure. Uninsurable without a tracker. Averages 15.1 mpg. Induces paranoia when driving or parking. Awful hi-fi system (really!). Facilities not much better than a £15K Nissan.

Mind you, it looks cool and goes fast...:devil: And whilst not 100% clean, it's only ten days old:)

Attachments

• aston3.jpg
    aston3.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Ah ha, so they must have tracked it.....to you.

Is your sister married?:D

I hope it doesn't have teething problems like most new babies:D

Last edited:
Lo Jack system. Or something like it.

Funny Ron would know what a tracker is.........coincidence.....just kidding Ron.

You might want to look in the tweaks section for a CLX bass tweak, it is quick easy not really expensive and it really works.

Then play some Depeche Mode Black Celebration or Violator or play some Blue Man Group on them and see what you think of the bass after that.:rocker:

Well, I'll parachute out then...:D Or bungie jump out and pick up a pair of CLXs on the way.

Hey, look what turned up in my drive the other day.

Rough ride. No internal space. Noisy. Only seats 2. Costs a furtune to insure. Uninsurable without a tracker. Averages 15.1 mpg. Induces paranoia when driving or parking. Awful hi-fi system (really!). Facilities not much better than a £15K Nissan.

Mind you, it looks cool and goes fast...:devil: And whist not 100% clean, it's only ten days old:)

Now you're talking! Great car...

We're getting the new V12 Vantage for a test drive later this year, just spoke to the Aston folks this morning.

Is the Vantage that rough? I was very impressed by the ability of the DBS to go from Luxury mode (where it drove about like an E series Merc) to Track mode where it was much grippier.

If I had an extra $70k, there are a lot of nice used Vantages for sale here in the US...

This is one hilarious thread.....too much hate though....
Why is it such a surprise that many folks here would have cars like that?

Most people would consider us to be elitist as well with our $$$ fancy components and speakers with multi-name designer labels :D.

Actually Bernard I have the standard 19 speaker 5.1 DVD Audio Mark Leavoutsin system in my daily driver. It came with the car, it may have been a slight upgrade but there are thousands of Toyotas out there running them. It is not bad, but it doesn't hold a candle to the CLXs. Carrying CLXs in the back seat is really a bit ch:D

The other car has a two channel 9 speaker system that is definitely just background noise for the music machine behind your head.:D

Up until 1998 my favorite car came with no radio at all, none. The owner and company founder said that his cars did not need one, that the engine was all the music that the cars needed, and he refused to put them in.

It took ten years after his death for the factory to put the first stereos in their cars.

Now you can spend 20 grand on upgraded HiFi option with custom sub enclosures in leather and alcantara. I still don't go for the hi-end in the car, I usually opt for the base radio and cd player.:music:

Truthfully I think I would get them with almost no options but those days are long gone.

As they say in the yard, "smoke'em if you got'em".:D

You're in good company. A few years ago when Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry took delivery on his 360, he had the dealer remove the radio for the same reason!

Is your sister married?:D

Yup. She married an electrician 17 years her senior. He lives a life of unparalleled, undeserved luxury.

She made her money working for Mohammed El Fayed. He said "You very good girl. You make me lots of money!". She left him to work elsewhere.

In all honesty, she's a key figure in UK fashion, having worked at Harrods, Harvey Nichols and now Selfridges as a director of each. And she's on the telly, too.

So I guess she got all the fashion sense/cents in the family:D

El Fayed of Princess Di fame or rather infamy?

Last edited:
Is the Vantage that rough? I was very impressed by the ability of the DBS to go from Luxury mode (where it drove about like an E series Merc) to Track mode where it was much grippier.

If I had an extra $70k, there are a lot of nice used Vantages for sale here in the US...

Well, I have to say it is pretty rough. But that is comparing it to my poxy 3 litre V6 Merc, that floats around like a Citroen on pneumatic suspension by comparison.

She wouldn't let me drive it. I would have thrashed it...:devil:

So I guess she got all the fashion sense/cents in the family:D

El Fayed of Princess Di fame or rather infamy?

That's the one. And yeah, she's got all the cents. Not necessarily the brains, though. Just a good eye for what rich girls will want to be wearing in the coming season. That's all she needs to get by...;)

Back