A new addition

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, er, um - best play The Crystals Da Do Ron Ron Ron, Da Do Ron Ron at max volume through those CLXs, I'd say Ron!:)

Enjoy. Nice set up.

I vote for telling everyone how wealthy you are, Mr. Ron (very important given our current economy and how many people are struggling to pay bills and keep their flippin noses above financial collapse) and, of course, articulating your support for conspicuous consumption.

Jeff, I really admire modest people.

I trust Mr. Ron will next post how much money he has in his bank account and what his stock portfolio is worth.

GG

Last edited:
Well, er, um - best play The Crystals Da Do Ron Ron Ron, Da Do Ron Ron at max volume through those CLXs, I'd say Ron!:)

Enjoy. Nice set up.

Justin,

I'm starting to understand your humor. You're a funny guy.

GG

It's only money, we'll all make more! Just some more than others :D

Gordon

Yes, my friend, that is true.

The question is how one uses that circumstance within a meaningful (read socially redeeming) way. The opposite being to brag about how much money one has and think / believe that's what is important.

Gordon

I vote for telling everyone how wealthy you are, Mr. Ron (very important given our current economy and how many people are struggling to pay bills and keep their flippin noses above financial collapse) and, of course, articulating your support for conspicuous consumption.

I trust Mr. Ron will next post how much money he has in his bank account and what his stock portfolio is worth.

GG

First of all Gordon, my car is 9 years old. I did not buy it new. It is a 2001. Your car can probably be worth more than my car. Sorry if this post bothers you. My intension was not to offend anyone or flaunt material possessions. These are indeed hard economic times for all of us, and I am sensitive to the fact that many people are struggling to meet their financial obligations.

Street value of my current vehicle is $8K. What is the street value of that vehicle?

Given your previous post, I find your latest post disingenuous at best.

GG

Boys...

Well, yes, a mighty fine looking (and sounding I'm sure) system. Since you don't have an 871 anymore, I vote you just get the new MVP881 to pair with the MX150. I've heard from my dealer that it is the best Universal player available, both PQ and SQ. And some of his crew said the same thing too (unsolicited). Personally, I've never heard/viewed it, but I'm sure that would be a sweet synergistic addition to your system. Of course, I'm biased being a McIntosh owner..... Anyway, have fun, that's what this hobby is supposed to be all about.

Last edited:
Justin,

I'm starting to understand your humor. You're a funny guy.

GG

Gordon,

Justin is one of the funniest guys I have run across in a long while. Some times you have to think a little bit with what he says and sometimes he hits you square upside the head, with Justin you just never know...until it is too late.:D

As long as you take his posts with a grain of salt......okay a teaspoon...a tablespoon, maybe a small bucket, okay a boat load of salt, they almost always work out to be fricken funny as heck.:D

Justin you go girl!

Well, the Crystals thing - I was just trying to be nice:) No real humour intended.

Personally, I've got no problem with the CLX and car pic posts. That's just one of the things that makes the site interesting - pics of nice gear.

"You're a funny guy." - that reminds me of Goodfellas, where Joe Pesci is winding up Ray Liotta. Classic.

Gordon,

Justin is one of the funniest guys I have run across in a long while. Some times you have to think a little bit with what he says and sometimes he hits you square upside the head, with Justin you just never know...until it is too late.:D

As long as you take his posts with a grain of salt......okay a teaspoon...a tablespoon, maybe a small bucket, okay a boat load of salt, they almost always work out to be fricken funny as heck.:D

Justin you go girl!

Agreed.

At first, it was a boatload but now, after some experience, a grain is sufficient.

So Justin, I hear you are going to visit the States "en vacance". How about a stop in Yellowstone National Park, and a visit to my humble abode?

Gordon

GG

I vote for gordon gray being the biggest player hate're on the marty forum:D

I love rons balls on your chin post with the nice car and clx

Yes,

Ron certainly has a very nice car.

And has chosen to make us all aware of it.

GG

Agreed.

At first, it was a boatload but now, after some experience, a grain is sufficient.

So Justin, I hear you are going to visit the States "en vacance". How about a stop in Yellowstone National Park, and a visit to my humble abode?

Gordon

Well, that's only 900 miles from San Francisco - the intended destination.
Not too close to Hawaii, either.

Thanks for the offer, though, Gordon!

But if you had Joe's system, I'd be right over.;)

Who's to decide who owns what and how much is too much? By the standard of most of the world, the $1.99 headphone from the local drugstore is overkill. The midrange on those things is too damn good!

I thought that class warfare/ political commentary posts were for the off topics section of the board, anyway.

Ron, doesn't Burmester make a killer stereo system for the Porche? It's probably 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the CLX. Will that work in your car? For me this would be a much more meaningful upgrade. Great music at home. Great music on the road. And you guys have some killer roads in California. I would be riding up Highway 1 and jamming every weekend...

Latest posts

Back