Your thoughts on Classe CA200 vs Musician III?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are $46,000 a pair and their top of the line mono-blocks I think are $76,000/pair!

Alrighty then, I'm out!! I think that my wife would hang me by the short hairs if I even thought about that!! :eek:

Yea, but they are so pretty! I would LOVE to see/hear a system fully MBLed out!

I've got an idea James, check it out; I think YOU should buy a full MBL system and then both of us can check it out! Man, that would be cool!! Yeahhhhhh, your money my ears! ;)

I've got an idea James, check it out; I think YOU should buy a full MBL system and then both of us can check it out! Man, that would be cool!! Yeahhhhhh, your money my ears! ;)

I'll start taking donations now! Any winning lottery tickets would be appreciated too!

Hi,
I don't understand your thinking here. Unless the manufacturer is doing something VERY wrong, bridging an amp should not increase either distortion or noise.

They are simply inverting the signal to one of the two amps, and then you connect the speaker to the 'hot' side of both amps. Inverting the signal does not add any extra distortion or noise, let alone a 'dramatic' amount. In many cases, since the two amps have the exact opposite mirror-image signals, some of the distortion and noise will actually cancel out, resulting in LESS distortion and noise.

Peter

Sounds like an EE speaking...lol You are theoretically correct, however in reality in lab tests most amps I've tested (hundreds) reveal increases in THD by almost an order of magnitude for most amps in bridged mode. As far as noise goes it should be intuitively obvious that using twice as many circuits and parts to generate the power increases the probability of increased noise.

Back