X-DAC v3 or the X-10 v3 ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolcobramatt

Reaction score
Ok I admit I am still new to this tweakie deekie thingie, so in my system, which is the way to go in this case? Do I install the XDAC between my 400xi and Denon 2910 dvd/cd or buy the X-10 and install it between the two?

This might be a true noob question but before I spend hard earned casheroo, I better ask.

Ok I admit I am still new to this tweakie deekie thingie, so in my system, which is the way to go in this case? Do I install the XDAC between my 400xi and Denon 2910 dvd/cd or buy the X-10 and install it between the two?

This might be a true noob question but before I spend hard earned casheroo, I better ask.

There's not really any way to tell without listening. I own the original X-10D and X-DAC. The X-10D can bring an improvement where the output stage is not up to scratch, but a DAC gererally has a better output stage to begin with - and making the connection digitally rather than via analogue has its obvious benefits.

My guess would be that the X-DAC would bring better benefit to your transport as it will eliminate the "dirtyness" of performing analogue conversion in a noisy DVD player with video circuits / etc, but you really need to listen first. Who knows - if the Denon has particularly good D-->A conversion in an isolated area but is limited by a wimpy output stage then the X-10v3 might be just what you need.

The X-10D is one of those components that can make or destroy a system depending on the components that make it up.

Last edited:
Back