wrinkles on panel ..

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernard991

Reaction score
on my SL3's I noticed that one has kind of wavy wrinkles at the top of the mylar mostly going across the center , the other one seems fine ...these are about 13 yrs old and eventually I will install new panels ..mostly they sound okay

anyone have any similar experience ?

I was wondering about the possibility of tightening these up w/ a hair dryer but this may be risky ...and upset the applecart

thanks

on my SL3's I noticed that one has kind of wavy wrinkles at the top of the mylar mostly going across the center , the other one seems fine ...these are about 13 yrs old and eventually I will install new panels ..mostly they sound okay

anyone have any similar experience ?

I was wondering about the possibility of tightening these up w/ a hair dryer but this may be risky ...and upset the applecart

thanks

Hola Bernard, using a hair dryer is the way to take off the wrinkles, but be careful of do not over-heat the section, you could melt the membrane. Do it slow and with tons of patience. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Roberto
do you remove the stators first or can you cheat ?
gracias !

Hola don Bernardo, you can cheat...but be careful...do not apply too much heat...you could melt the diaphragm. It is better to do it little by little, than trying to do it at once. Patience is the clue here...happy listening,
Roberto.

Back