Worth it to replace my Vignettes as surrounds?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
I have a pair of CLX in the front, and am currently using Vignettes for surrounds. They are "OK" but I feel I am missing some sort of coherence between the fronts and surrounds. THis may very well be room setup, but I am wondering if the differing technology is also to blame.

So I am not sure which others to try. My surrounds are mounted almost directly to the side of my listening area about 8 feet or so from the center seat. So anything I buy would be mounted there. I hope one day to get a room that is 23 ft or so wide so I can put one of the cheaper ML floorstanders (electromotions?) on each side to get a true panel all around but that isnt going to happen right now.

So based on this limited amount of info and your listening experiences, are there ML surrounds that may "gel" better with CLXs?

I was thinking about the Motion 4 but those are just as different from the CLX as the Vignettes are, although the Motion 4s seem to be garnering much more positive press. Used Script i's are also an option.

Thoughts?

I have a pair of CLX in the front, and am currently using Vignettes for surrounds. They are "OK" but I feel I am missing some sort of coherence between the fronts and surrounds. THis may very well be room setup, but I am wondering if the differing technology is also to blame.

So I am not sure which others to try. My surrounds are mounted almost directly to the side of my listening area about 8 feet or so from the center seat. So anything I buy would be mounted there. I hope one day to get a room that is 23 ft or so wide so I can put one of the cheaper ML floorstanders (electromotions?) on each side to get a true panel all around but that isnt going to happen right now.

So based on this limited amount of info and your listening experiences, are there ML surrounds that may "gel" better with CLXs?

I was thinking about the Motion 4 but those are just as different from the CLX as the Vignettes are, although the Motion 4s seem to be garnering much more positive press. Used Script i's are also an option.

Thoughts?

I am using Motif surrounds 4' behind my seating area and up high, with great success. Stage center.

Hola. The Motion 4 are a great option. They are matched for electrostatic panel match. You will like the new tweeter better than the ATF that your Vignettes have. Try them, you might like them as I do...Happy listening,
Roberto.

Back