Who has the oldest Martin Logans

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to sidetrack this thread, but post 14 of this thread from Mr. Hogan has 3 pictures of the inside of the electronics of the CLS, CLS II, AND CLS IIZ.
http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=61901&postcount=14

I have CLS II, but the inside of my electronics box doesn't look like any posted by Mr. Hogan, but is very similar to the one he says is a CLS IIZ.
Could it be I have updated electronics?
Below is a pic.

This is very possible! I purchased my CLSIIa's a few months ago. The seller bought them from his buddy (original owner) who had an audio shop in Idaho. He told me that just before he bought them, they had been sent back to ML for what he called "a $600 electronics upgrade."

I sent an email to Jim Power the other day to confirm/deny that they may have been upgraded to 'Z' status and he happily told me to snap a photo of the insides and he could tell right away...looks like I won't have to now after finding this thread! :)

Interestingly, I can see from looking at the box for the panels that they too had been sent back to Kansas. :think:

This I can tell you no other speaker in the ML line has been bastardized more than the CLS. ML them selves made CLS into CLS I and then CLSIa ans CLS II to IIA to CLS IIZ. It was all electronic in the filtering and a few panel spar changes.

I have heard many but prefer the CLS Ia as it has the best bass I think. Its not the easiest to drive but I don't care.

Back