Which Subwoofer?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feltran (or anyone else) I need suggestions about subwoofer for my Purity.
2ch setup.
thanks

Martin Logan for starters, and while they may not be at the top of the food chain, I am more than happy with the performance from my "DD" Velodyne.

While I believe that the Purities absolutely must be paired with a subwoofer to get your money out of them (they can sound pretty fantastic with a subwoofer, but imo sound flat without it), I don't have any strong opinion about what subwoofer to use. I got a Depth i to go with them, and it did the job, but it didn't work as well as I would have liked for the money. Some have suggested to me that my Depth i may not work as well as it's supposed to, but I've never heard another one so I can't say for sure.

Basically, get a subwoofer, but feel free to get any kind you want. I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to stick with ML, but I've heard a few systems with ML loudspeakers and subwoofers from different brands (albeit high end ones), and those sound at least as good as the systems I've heard with ML subwoofers.

thanks a lot for your time. I am trying to convince myself that a velodyne dd-12 worth the extra money.
Nikos

ok ok last question...

I found that on avsforum

"The SPL1200R is a proven good performer.
The DD 12 is too little performance for too much money."

Feltran because of YOU and your systems I've started to ask questions...
next time you come to Greek islands make a stop in Athens to compare our systems...
Nikos

Depth

Feltran,
IMHO I would say if you go with a Depth, you will still be happy with it even after you upgrade your speakers.
I have a Depth and I find it sounds fast and tight and integrates well with my Aeons, even on two channel music listening.
Cheers,
Chris

Back