Where Were You?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenscollick

Reaction score
Tomorrow marks the 9th. anniversary of the terrorist attacks on 9-11-2001 Like many other Historic events, Most of us remember where we were.

I was on an Elk hunt in Colorado Just west of Gypsum. We were camped about 1 and 1/2 hours from any type of communication. The afternoon a fellow hunter came into camp and said "did you hear we have been attacked both world trade center buildings and the Pentagon has been hit, the world trade buildings have collapsed"

NO WAY was my first thoughts, All Flights are grounded. We decided that a trip to town was in order. watching the news was a very surreal. Our usual upbeat group was now silent.

Never Forget, Never Forgive.

Ken,

Well said.

I hope that this Country is mature enough to not repeat what we did with the Japanese after the start of WWII.

We need to make sure who the "bad guys" really are.

Unfortunately, recent events would suggest otherwise.

GG

driving into work. heard about the first hit, then listened while the announcer described the second hit. i remember thinking "there is no way this is anything but an attack". most of the day everyone was turned onto CNN in a window of their machine.

yeah, thinking back, it was indeed surreal. even on this side of the 49th.

In the shower getting ready for work (2 years into my first job). My sister yelled through the door what had happened. I didn't think much of it until I got out of the shower and went to the telly......Nothing much happened at work that day - spent the entire day in the theatre.

I was in the parking lot at work.

We lost one leg of the 3 phase service running into our buildings. Everyone was in the parking lot in front of the main building just hanging out by our cars waiting for the word to stay or go home for the day.

I vividly remember my manager coming out of our test bay garage door saying some thing about a plane and the twin towers. About 40-50 of us huddled around a couple of cars listening to the radio.

I ignored our managements desire to keep us on site, bailed and went to the local Kmart and watched completely stunned as the second tower collapsed on live TV. I still get goose bumps thinking about it.

On an odd note, we blew a leg of our electrical service the first week in September the next two years in a row after.

Last edited:
Lakeville MI sanding a floor and listening to Drew and Mike on WRIF 101.1 which was damn good for a radio coverage. Watched Air force planes from Selfridge air base flying by. It was haunting as hell knowing we were attacked. NEVER FORGET AND NEVER FORGIVE !

I was about thirty blocks away, in midtown Manhatten. Slept late that day and got a call from home telling us the news. Looked out the hotel window and saw the plume of smoke. Went outside and walked as close as six blocks away before they wouldn't let us get any closer. I saw people coming from the site completely covered in ash with a look of horror on their faces that was indescribable. They looked like zombies. What I saw that day is burned into my mind. It was completely surreal, like the opening battle scene in "Saving Private Ryan"

The scary thing was that I had been in the lobby of the WTC the day before!

I was at home. It was my day off and I was sleeping when my roommate called from work and asked if I had been watching the news. I said no and he told me to go turn it on. I watched until the 2nd tower went down. It was hard to believe that it was actually happening.

Then I went out and did some shopping. No traffic and the stores were empty. Nice. :)

Kerry and I were getting ready for work. My ex called and said, "turn on the TV". I said, "huh?" and his voice wavered and he said, "Just turn on the tv" and he hung up.

I told Kerry, "Dennis just said to turn on the TV". So we switched on the TV in the bedroom and we just sat on the bed in horror and watched. Kerry was supposed to fly to Chicago that day for work. I said, "You're not going to Chicago today".

I remember saying something like "Our world is changed forever now".

My best friend Brian works right near there and I was immediately worried for him. I tried calling and couldn't reach him. Later I did get a hold of him and he was fine.

9/11

Tomorrow marks the 9th. anniversary of the terrorist attacks on 9-11-2001 Like many other Historic events, Most of us remember where we were.

I was on an Elk hunt in Colorado Just west of Gypsum. We were camped about 1 and 1/2 hours from any type of communication. The afternoon a fellow hunter came into camp and said "did you hear we have been attacked both world trade center buildings and the Pentagon has been hit, the world trade buildings have collapsed"

NO WAY was my first thoughts, All Flights are grounded. We decided that a trip to town was in order. watching the news was a very surreal. Our usual upbeat group was now silent.

Never Forget, Never Forgive.

I was on my way to a meeting in Victoria B.C. Staying in Seattle a couple of days in advance, I was on a run along the Seattle harbor, listening to NPR. With a 3-hour time lag, the announcers were still trying to connect the dots when the final plane crashed in Pennsylvania. I returned to our hotel and sat with my wife watching TV in shocked silence. We were 3000 miles from home and realized that we weren't going anywhere anytime soon. In many respects, watching the various factions in government join hands and come together may have been one of America's finest moments, especially in view of what has followed in the last few years.

I slept in until about 8 or 8:30 and I just started grad school at Univ. of Florida. I turned on the TV (spanish channel of all things) and I saw the buildings burning. I had no idea what was going on but something in the back of my mind told me that those buildings looked a lot like the World Trade Center.

Erik

I was in Hong Kong. I had taken a crew of medical experts from Chicago to train Hong Kong doctors in intestitial brachytherapy procedures. Day was night and night was day as Hong Kong is 12 hours different from NYC. It was surreal as we had to work a world away. We watched CNN all night. For our trainee's It was just another day.

I was off work while Verizon settled a Union dispute over fiber rights, so I slept in. Missy woke me saying that a plane hit the WTC, so I sprang out of bed and watched the second hit in real time. I lived in Berlin PA then, about 4 miles from where the last plane crashed. Between the time when the plane hit the Pentagon and the last tower my wife started getting very nervous, I kept trying to tell her that we lived in the middle of nowhere, this was the last place a terrorist would target. Next thing you know the fire whistle started going off and then the air raid sirens did as well(later learned it was the first time since WWII) which really scared me too, along with 90mph black SUVs screaming up Main St...about 10 mins later Katie announced that another plane had crashed in Somerset County PA. We could see a pure black plume of smoke rising NE of town but all the roads were closed by Feds.

There are many theories on why that plane crashed where it did, but the one where the passengers caused it I dont believe. There was over 40 people interviewed that saw a low flying airliner with 3 small black jets tailing it. Is it a coincident that it crashed in a strip-mine with no danger of killing people on the ground? I dont think so, I think a F-16 shot it down in a safe place.

Doesn't change anything though, those people like many others made the ultimate sacrifice and its a damn shame.

Back