When you are 0-16 what do you do?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenscollick

Reaction score
New Detroit logo features fiercer, leaping lion
MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich. (AP) — Detroit has added teeth to its new Lions logo. Only time will tell if the product on the field also has teeth.

The franchise revealed subtle changes to the logo and how the word "Lions" is spelled out during a news conference Monday attended by dozens of fans.

Detroit stumbled to the NFL's first 0-16 season last year and has the first pick Saturday in the NFL draft.

The leaping lion appears more fierce, while the team name features an italicized slant.

The team says the changes are consistent with its "sense of mission and direction."

"We stand firmly committed to improving the team on the field," team president Tom Lewand said. "That success is always the most determinative factor of any NFL brand."

Some changes also have been made to the team's uniforms. New trim lines have been added, and the logo is above the numerals on the jerseys.

Helmets now feature the new logo on each side. It's the most significant change since 1961, when the logo originally was placed on helmets.

The team's Honolulu blue, white and black colors remain unchanged.

"The new identity retains many important aspects of our history in terms of our primary mark and our colors," Lewand said. "However, the evolution allows us to present our Lions brand and visual identity in new, versatile and distinctive ways."

The article said there were dozens of fan for the unveiling

So they were all there.

Attachments

• ALeqM5gkujnFTBDhWyJ6s9tzcJcKEHIUuA.jpg
    ALeqM5gkujnFTBDhWyJ6s9tzcJcKEHIUuA.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 155
HAHAHA!!! Being from Michigan as you are 'Kens' - it is quite laughable.... The big question is - who do they take in the draft? Mitch Albom made the statement 'I remember when it was a good thing to have the first pick in the draft. Now that the Lions have it...Its a bad thing?' But - isn't that the way of this franchise? Whatever they touch seems to turn to dirt.... I don't want the QB.....They need someone who is going to help immediately - and I would go with either a O lineman or go with Curry....

Hi Ken,

I was born and raised in Detroit.

Was their season record a result of bad luck, lack of talent, bad coaching, or a combination of all the above?

GG

I guess a state of the art stadium a few years back didn't do the trick, so the uniform and logo changes might...

As a die hard Packers fan, I can only say that I hope the Lions turn things around.. It only means more exciting football in our division. :rocker:

Of course I still hate the Bears and Vikings.... passionately. :devil:

I guess a state of the art stadium a few years back didn't do the trick, so the uniform and logo changes might...

As a die hard Bears fan, I can only say that I hope the Lions turn things around.. It only means more exciting football in our division. :rocker:

Of course I still hate the Packers and Vikings.... passionately. :devil:

Couldn't agree more Tom.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Doug - out

I had to read the quote in Dougs post a couple times it seems to have lost something during cut and paste.

As far as what are the lions doing wrong? everything they my as well take cheerleaders in the first round it will be better than their last 50 picks.

With the Government trying to take over the car companys maybe when they get ford they will also get the Lions Barack cant do any worse than Bill Ford has.

Drop back ten and punt.........oh wait ..... they already did that !!

You can dress a pig up but underneath its still a pig !

The year the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had their turn-around season is the year they did a total makeover of the colors, uniforms and to a more gremacing pirate logo. Remember the ol' creamsicle colored Buccanneer Bruce with the wink? Yeah, it was a little soft. Repetitive losing seasons didn't help the image either. This year they've completely revamped the team so we'll see what happens.

It's guaranteed the Lions can't have a worse season and should have some great draft opportunities. A refreshed image this year is a great move.

Stafford should have a chat with Alex Smith of the 49ers.

"Here you go, Rookie.. the team's all yours... don't worry that we don't have any O line to protect you."

You watch HOCKEY BABY!!!! GO WINGS!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back