Whats up! From Florida

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amadeus

Reaction score
I was just recently given the opportunity to purchase a pair of Ascents. As of now I have owned them for 2 days and they already sound awesome!! :music:

Attachments

• ML pic.jpg
    ML pic.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Florida Dreaming

Welcome to the community!

Ascents are just the business, I have a couple of pairs........what are you driving them with?

Prepare to be led astray in the chequebook department over the years, but I assure you, the Ascents will always make you smile, nothing like them.

It's been a few years since I was in Florida (1987 I think, up in Palm Bay) on business, beaches were still empty, the hotels hadn't arrived upstate on the beachfronts.

take care

fjeff

Welcome......I'm enjoying your great Fla weather here on Anna Marie Island while taking in some Spring Training baseball !

Hi from Cocoa Beach.

If you're around this area, stop by for a listen to my humble system.

M.L. Spire, Depth i sub, Ayre V-5xe amp, Cary SLP 98-P tube preamp w/NOS tubes, SME 10 turntable, etc.

Satch

Welcome to the community!

Ascents are just the business, I have a couple of pairs........what are you driving them with?

Prepare to be led astray in the chequebook department over the years, but I assure you, the Ascents will always make you smile, nothing like them.

It's been a few years since I was in Florida (1987 I think, up in Palm Bay) on business, beaches were still empty, the hotels hadn't arrived upstate on the beachfronts.

take care

fjeff

All I currently have is a Pioneer Elite SC-05 to power the Ascents. Right now I have them bi-amped which seems to be driving them pretty well. Saving up for a decent amp right now.

Get yourself a decent (even used from A'gon) amp, and you'll really hear those babies sing!

Amps from amps

On your search for the next upgrade for an amp, let me share a recent experience.

I had a classical musician visitor show up who clearly wanted to hear the big MLs with the Jeff Rowlands, I played a SACD in 2 channel, she enjoyed it immensely. I then offered the same SACD music on the other player (identical) in multichannel via Sony separates and the ML Ascents, it didn't take 20 seconds and she said " the notes are running together ". This amazed me as she had no idea about hifi but this is a symptom typical of underpowered amps relative to their speakers.

In short, your Ascents love current, so hunt down large hi current delivery amps, the US has a good choice on this front. Nothing wrong with second hand. Listen to lots of gear and form your own opinions and experiences relative to your music tastes.

It's a journey, most of all, have fun!

Fjeff

Last edited:
Back