What Was Your Best Upgrade In 2009?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My DIY rack, which was the only upgrade in 2009.

Attachments

• Gear_1.jpg
    Gear_1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 415
Upgraded from Vista to Spire... Hope to have a UHA modded Tascam BR-20 Monday. Might have some tape Project tapes before the end of the year. A lot of new vinyl... So far I'll go with the Spire upgrade.

I wish I had an upgrade.

Oh, I guess I got a new room, but I'm still working on getting it sounding right (good).

Dedicated and (to an extent) acoustically treated listening room.

Improvements on the music server.

I would have to say hiring out Jim Smith to voice my room by moving the Vantages to where they sounded best. This upgrade overall was what set the foundation for me to judge any other future upgrades on an even playing field.

Glen

I'd have to say adding the pair of Fathom F112 subs for stereo only, no HT. While I'm not a basshead, the added bottom which is just barely distinguishable, has helped with the entire presentation.

Gordon

I'd have to say adding the pair of Fathom F112 subs for stereo only, no HT. While I'm not a basshead, the added bottom which is just barely distinguishable, has helped with the entire presentation.

Gordon

I also added a single JL F112 to my two channel system, best addition for 09!

Only two major upgrades here this year: the ML Spires (replacing my Spendor SP 1/2Es), and my Nordost Frey interconnects and speaker cables. As good as the latter was, the Spires were my best upgrade for this year.

Who knows what next year will bring?!

Not so much an upgrade for me, more of an addition. I added the Sonos straming audio setup as a source in both the listening room as well as the rest of the house. Sounds great run through my Dodson DAC, but the best sound still comes from my other sources.

easily my cary slp98p....what a beautiful sound... I never knew a pre could make such a difference....

For me it was the addition of the Conrad Johnson Act 2 S2 and the (2) Depth is for the low end.

Big year for me . New amp from S.A.R. LABS (Canadian made by Walter Romanyshyn) Modded cdp, but my fave has to be my ARC LS8 MK 11 preamp with some nice Telefunken 6dj8's. Sweet !! D.R.

Upgrading from Simaudio P-5.3 pre amp to Simaudio P-7 evolution pre amp
Cheers, Greg

Wow, that is a tough one. 09 was a year that invovled several significant upgrades, that had a noticeable sonic effect.

From Sunfire TGA 5400 to Simaudio Moon Titan, PS Audio Power Plant Premier to Running Springs Dmitri, McCormack UDP-1 to Simaudio Moon Orbiter, ML Source to ML Vista, ML Logos to ML Stage, Audioquest to MIT Shotgun inter-connects, but I think that hands down the biggest upgrade was having Steve McCormack re-engineer the McCormack MAP-1 Multi-channel analog pre-amp. I would not trake the re-engineered MAP-1 for any other pre-amp that I know of at any price.

Tough one for me.. got the Grotto i, Rotel RSX1560 AVR & RB 1572 amp, PS Audio DL3, & Oppo BD83..
I'd have to say the PS Audio DL III & RB 1572. Stream most of my music these days and the Rotel Amp provided my Clarity's with tighter bass and a more open sound..

Back