What Receiver?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtwrace

Reaction score
A friend of mine is looking to purchase a receiver and speaker for $1000. He is going to use his ipod as his source to start. What are your recommendations for receiver / speakers (he can't afford ML's)?

Hi Jason,

The NADC720BEE receiver is worth looking at. Retail $599.

Are you going to attend RMAF?

Best,

Gordon

Hi Jason,

The NADC720BEE receiver is worth looking at. Retail $599.

Are you going to attend RMAF?

Best,

Gordon

Thanks. I will look at that one now.

RMAF? I don't think so. I think I'm going to Axpona instead. I've been to RMAF every year now and think it's time to take a break this year and try something different. There are a few things that I would like to see / hear but I need different scenery.

NAD is a good company...I've always liked their equipment. In
that price segment, they would be the first i would consider.

Is he open to used equipment? He can get a lot more bang for his buck on Audiogon or Ebay.

I would most definitely concur with Wardsweb! I had in the past owned NAD equipment and also consider them to be good quality built equipment.

Last edited:
I have kind of a radical idea for speakers. If your friend can invest a little time in assembling a kit, the M-2 speaker from Clearwave loudspeakers would represent a real bargain at $580 for all the parts (including cabinets).
http://clearwaveloudspeaker.com/PerformanceSeries/infom2.html

Picture attached.

I've heard this speaker with a slightly different tweeter, and it is very good for the money.

Like I said, kind of a radical idea.

Other online speakers would include Aperion, Axiom, AV123, and probably many others. In the under $1000 category, the online vendors seem to offer the best value right now.

Attachments

• M2-248x338.jpg
    M2-248x338.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 91
Back