What is this? (aeon-i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMedia

Reaction score
A question from the guy who bought my speakers, so this relates specifically to Aeon'i speakers, (perhaps some other models).

On the back of the stator panel there are three clear patches attached to it. The bottom & top are rectagular clear strips that are horizontally fixed to it. The middle one is more square in shape.

Is this clear spar? And what purpose does it serve?

Last edited:
A question from the guy who bought my speakers, so this relates specifically to Aeon'i speakers, (perhaps some other models).

On the back of the stator panel there are three clear patches attached to it. The bottom & top are rectagular clear strips that are horizontally fixed to it. The middle one is more square in shape.

Is this clear spar? And what purpose does it serve?

Hi,
The clear spars are the 'bars' that go across the panel, to break it up into smaller segments. They used to be black in color on the older speakers, the new ones use a clear plastic instead.

My CLS's use the clear patches as well. I believe they are used for fine tuning the sound and frequency response of the speaker, as well as adjusting the ratio of direct vs reflected sound from it.

Peter

Hi,
The clear spars are the 'bars' that go across the panel, to break it up into smaller segments. They used to be black in color on the older speakers, the new ones use a clear plastic instead.

My CLS's use the clear patches as well. I believe they are used for fine tuning the sound and frequency response of the speaker, as well as adjusting the ratio of direct vs reflected sound from it.

Peter

Yes, the plastic patches are anti-resonant devices and they should not be removed by any circunstance. The clear spars are the bars that are diving in several portions the panels. The old models are black and the new are transparent. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Back