What a pain in the rear!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JASONDMAGUIRE

Reaction score
I was thinking,
If I mount a Scrip to the wall how does that effect the bipolar aspect of the speaker?
Also my sofa sits on the back wall, not the ideal location but its what I have so i deal with it.
Would I be better of going with a pair of in walls like the Voyage/ Passage/ Ticket?

I was thinking,
If I mount a Scrip to the wall how does that effect the bipolar aspect of the speaker?
Treat the wall behind the Script with Lithium and that should take care of the "Bipolar" effect.:D

Would I be better of going with a pair of in walls like the Voyage/ Passage/ Ticket?
Jason,
I have Scripts and have acoustical foam mounted behind them to soften the rear wave. Had I to do it over again I would probably use a much cheaper speaker, I very rarely listen to music in 5.1 and so little comes from the rear speakers when watching a movie that I could have spent the money elsewhere in the system

I agree with TheWb. You have Clarities for fronts and the script is not much different than a wall-mounted version of the clarity. That is overkill for surround in your system and is money you could spend elsewhere in the system. I would consider ML's new in-ceiling speaker, the Helos 100, which is reasonably priced at $500 each and would work well with your configuration. The only PITA would be running the wiring. Otherwise one of the less expensive in-walls (ticket) or on-walls (vignette) would also work.

If you do go with the scripts, you could either treat the wall behind them to reduce the reflections, or you could angle them such to take advantage of the reflections (which can be used to create more surround ambiance if done correctly).

Treat the wall behind the Script with Lithium and that should take care of the "Bipolar" effect.:D

Jason,
I have Scripts and have acoustical foam mounted behind them to soften the rear wave. Had I to do it over again I would probably use a much cheaper speaker, I very rarely listen to music in 5.1 and so little comes from the rear speakers when watching a movie that I could have spent the money elsewhere in the system

Gee, I get plenty of sound from my rear speakers on many movies, whether its action effects, rain or wind sounds or some other type of sound. Surrounds are not as important as quality, matched front speakers, but you lose a significant amount of information w/o them. You also want surrounds that are timbre matched as much as possible with the fronts, and the Scripts are a great match for any ML speaker.

Latest posts

Back