We're having a Chicago Mini-meet!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job guys !

Hey Cherian, I noticed the picture above your TV of the NYC "20th Century Limited" , are you a railfan ??

Also Joey, is that your girl friends brassier hanging on your left Summitt ?????

Dave,

No not a true rail fan. I liked the sleek look of the print, plus the colors match my furniture. As you can see most of the print has been cropped to eliminate the text

Last edited:
twich54 said:
Good job guys !

Also Joey, is that your girl friends brassier hanging on your left Summitt ?????

No man! That's my little "sleeping mask" that I use if I want to listen to the Summits in the daytime!

LOL!

It does look a little, shall we say, risque! :D

Cherian said:
Joey,
I have seen the Summit and now I want to be in the Summit club.

Cherian,

You're not getting away with such a small review, I still want a longer review, buddy! I want you to break it down and let me know what you really thought.... vocals, highs, mids, dynamics, bass, transparency, palpability, boxiness?

I also want us to do another session.... this time, with TOOBS!

Joey,

I will do a more in-depth review when I get home tonight, Promise.

Cherian

Well, I had a great time on Sunday. I'm lucky to live a few blocks from both Cherian and Joey, two incredibly knowledgeable (and cool) ML enthusiasts. You guys know your stuff--very impressive!

Thanks for understanding that I had to bail early. I went to the library for a while, but couldn't stand being away from music, so I ended up finishing my paper on my couch with Cherian's Muddy Waters "Folk Singer" MFSL disc spinning.

Let's do it again soon. I need to hear the Summits and the all-ML home theater. It's good to be part of the Chicago Chapter of the ML Club!

--Chris

p.s. Joey, awesome blue lights! I gotta move to that building!

cstpeter said:
p.s. Joey, awesome blue lights! I gotta move to that building!

That's EXACTLY what Cherian said you would say!!

WOW... on the dot!

I know the Stereophile show was supposed to be in Chi-town this year, but for some reason, they moved it back to NYC. How about an east coast gathering around May 11 -13? (That's the time of the show.)

Joey_V said:
The view from the sweetspot! Niiiice
Joey, have you tried throwing a blanket (? towel) over your computer monitor? That should really improve your soundstage and imaging!
biggrin.gif

sleepysurf said:
Joey, have you tried throwing a blanket (? towel) over your computer monitor? That should really improve your soundstage and imaging!
biggrin.gif

Maybe I should try that... although the imaging (as Cherian will attest) is already pretty sick.

Sick as in goooood. ;)

Joey,
I will say the summit imaging was spot on. It was as if I could reach out and touch the singer or even pluck his guitar. It was dead on accurate. I was thinking about the sound all evening.

Last edited:
Wish I could have made it,sounds like you guys had a great day.Maybe next time around.
Damn you guys are young!!! I definatly would have been the old man in the group. :D

Joey, Pilipino ka ba????

Joey_V said:
He proceeded to caress the Summits and admire the veneer job and the air-frame panel. :eek:
ROFL!! That is too funny!!

Seriously though, thanks for the write up and photos! Looks like it was a really fun and informative get-together.

Nice Brewer shirt too, cstpeter - and I see you have the same TV as me! Looks the same, anyway... good call! :)

Cherian still owes me a long review.... *whistling non-chalantly*....

Joey_V said:
Yes sir!! ;)
I'm currently in Manila in Makita City staying at the Shangri-la.Fly back on the 20th.My wife is a dark Filipina Beauty.I love the people and the culture of this country.The last time I was here I got to witness the crucifixtions in Pampanga on Good Friday.I've also had the pleasure of staying on a private island off the northern coast of Palawan.Absolutly beautiful and pristine area of the country.If it wasn't for the hot weather I'd probably live here.

theWB said:
I'm currently in Manila in Makita City staying at the Shangri-la.Fly back on the 20th.My wife is a dark Filipina Beauty.I love the people and the culture of this country.The last time I was here I got to witness the crucifixtions in Pampanga on Good Friday.I've also had the pleasure of staying on a private island off the northern coast of Palawan.Absolutly beautiful and pristine area of the country.If it wasn't for the hot weather I'd probably live here.

Let me know when you get back so we can hang out! Glad to see another one of my countrymen!

Joey_V said:
Let me know when you get back so we can hang out! Glad to see another one of my countrymen!

Actually I'm a white guy,hence the reason I can't handle the HEAT here. :eek: My wife loves it,I can only take so much of the HEAT,spend most of my day in the pool or the ocean. :D

theWB said:
Actually I'm a white guy,hence the reason I can't handle the HEAT here. :eek: My wife loves it,I can only take so much of the HEAT,spend most of my day in the pool or the ocean. :D

Well, if it's any consolation, Cherian's wife is Filipino!

We got a little somethin' going on here... :) .

Joey_V said:
Well, if it's any consolation, Cherian's wife is Filipino!

We got a little somethin' going on here... :) .

Cherian must be a very smart man!!!!!!! :D :D

Back