Well I did it and OUCH!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manddarran

Reaction score
Well I did it and I like it alot, but man lotta dough going out

I got a pair of Vistas and found a used Stage. Thinking about some Aeon i's for surrounds? What say you all? Will the Aeon's match nicely?

I should add, worth every penny as it was a major upgrade from my ratshacks.....

Last edited:
They will match just fine. I think you can save $1000.00 by going with scripts or even Scenarios.

You might want to experiment and put the Aeons up front and use the Vistas as surrounds.

Are you serious? I can get the Aeon i's for 1500. Paid twice that for Vista's since they had the new Xstat panels. Just bought a stage for 1800.

I auditioned the Vistas and was not overly impressed. However, the room conditions/electronic were less than ideal. Lots of people love the Vistas, and other aren't blown away.

If were me, I'd get the Aeon i (assuming they are in good shape) and spend the extra money on better electronics, room treatments, etc. In my opinion, the Vistas are not all that much better than the Aeon i.

Erik

My own take on the Vistas...

- They need a LOT of break-in time. Hearing them out-of-the-box is an experience that can be dreadful, make you question your purchase, etc. Mine didn't sound passable until a solid 100 hours, and didn't really begin to sound right to my ear until about another hundred hours.

- They really need to be properly spiked to sound right. The included feet look pretty cool and are certainly a convenient way to move the speaker around, but the Vistas don't sound too good with them.

Now that I've had mine for a few weeks and they seem to be broken in, I'm really enjoying them. It took a while for them to sound as good as the 8 year old SL3s they're replacing, but ultimately they really outshine the SL3s. It just took some time for them to break in properly, and for me to finally settle on a location and install the spikes. Now I'm finally confident I made the right decision.

- Jason

I bought the floor model as I knew what those sounded like and had been broken in. They also came with the pointed floor spikes. Sharp little buggers :D

I even went so far as to get them to hook an amp like mine so I knew what they sounded like, I was just skittish of the room as mine was/is alot larger than where I listened initially. The let me listen in the main floor too first.

Love the sound.

Back