Weak Dialogue help

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MixinSammy

Reaction score
I recently bought a set of motion 4's for my front two speakers and I bought the motion 8 center on Friday and still found that the dialogue was lacking. I've turned up the level on the center to try and improve my situation, but it really only made a minimal difference. When they were demoing the speaker for me in store (BestBuy), it sounded amazing and made a huge difference. At home, everything seemed just marginally better than what I had?? Am I missing something?? Also, I am using a Pioneer VSX-50 as my receiver to my home theater. It is supposed to have a function called "Dialogue E" that enhances dialogue for clearer/crisper production. The problem is, when I go to the setting I can only turn it on or to "Flat" which doesn't seem to help. In the manual for the receiver, it says there are other setting to set "Dialogue E" to, but I can't get my receiver to do it?? I'm honestly thinking of returning the motion 8 if I can't get it to reproduce what they did in the store. Can you or anyone you know help with this situation?? I am also new to using this line of receiver, so not sure what settings could help me out or what is the best setings for movies, music, and TV?? I've looked through the manual, but I think I need more advanced changes made to get what I'm looking for. As always, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back