Wardsweb shotgun speaker cables

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardsweb

Reaction score
I started with some Belkin hybrid speaker cable. You will notice there are multiple types of conductors: 1-flat, 1- large, 4-medium and 12-small (individually insulated).

shotgun01.jpg

I ran out of the barrel banana plugs so swithced to standard banana for the common end. The cables are covered in Bently Harris expandable sleeve.

shotgun05.jpg

solid core copper works well with CLS . I run some hand made ones from a fellow in Chicago that I tested against some Transparent s and they were much better. Not just by my ears but others agreed. CLS like solid core

solid core copper works well with CLS . I run some hand made ones from a fellow in Chicago that I tested against some Transparent s and they were much better. Not just by my ears but others agreed. CLS like solid core

That makes sense due to the high current need for the CLS. These are actually for a different pair of Martin Logans I have coming... :D

stay tuned

any advantage of barrel banana plugs over the other?

I find they hold better tension over time. The type on the other end of the cables are good to, they rotate. The weakest I have look like solid core that have been split like an X. They compress to easy and won't spring back out over time.

Latest posts

Back