Vista Amp Recommendations

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhuss1159

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and a new Martin Logan owner. I just picked up a pair of vistas and am using them with a Cambridge Audio 640c and 840a. I know I have a break in period to get through, but am concerned on if the Cambridge wil be able to cut it. I am open to any type of amp, but am more leaning towards tube due to their warmth. My budget at this time is maybe around 1000 to 3000 and am pretty sure I want to grab something used. Any thoughts on a good integrated amp? I dont know at this price if I can get anything any better then the Cambridge. I don't know alot about the different tube amps out there and am not sure what would be appropriate for wattage in one of them.

Thanks everyone

amp for Vista

As a tube amp I can suggest you the VTL ST85, I like what I get in my shop with this combo (and VTL 2.5 preamp). It's worth to try!

Good luck.;)

Go to your friendly audio store and have a listen, then buy what is in your budget and what suits your taste.

For what it's worth, I run Vistas with a Classé.

First off...welcome !

Given your budget, prudent shopping on the used market will yield good finds from ARC,CJ, BAT, Cary, Mac, even the likes of Rogue. Myself I'm more than satisfied with my M-150's driving my Vantages, granted I have built-in powerd bass units but I feel the 150 watt MonoBlocks would do quite nicely on your Vistas as well.

Thanks for the input, I am a little worried if the 840a will be able to keep up for the time being. I know the vistas can dip down to like 1.2 ohms, is this going to cause any damage to the 840a?

Thanks

Thanks for the input, I am a little worried if the 840a will be able to keep up for the time being. I know the vistas can dip down to like 1.2 ohms, is this going to cause any damage to the 840a?

Thanks

Yes, MLs are certainly a tough load. Common sense must prevail - as with any amp, run it within its limits and you'll be fine. If you are reaching those limits, get a new amp.

Back