Vergennes, Vermont. Does it suck or should I go?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User211

Reaction score
Got the opportunity to go to Vergennes in the very near future to work for a month. Does it suck or should I go? Clues anyone? Just Googled it and it looks remote. Is there anything to do there? Any MLOC members there with E2 Statements they wanna let me hear?

Seems cold there at the moment. Brrrrrrrrrrr, shiver. Might have to take my tube amps to keep the room warm 24/7.

When in Vermont you may want to travel as "Vermonters' do in the winter .........

Do you 'Brits' even know what these are ???

Attachments

• SNOWMOBILING 2009 005.jpg
    SNOWMOBILING 2009 005.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 404
Vermont in February/March = Winter = Snow = Cold.

But if you have never been in a place like this for winter, it is a beautiful sight to behold.

If you are an outdoors/nature lover then Vermont is an awesome place to go.

Hm.. I dunno I am a bit worried about smuggling the "Black Pizza" out of the country...:devil: Could it not be construed as some type of terrorist frizbee designed specifically for decapitation purposes?

Dave... of course we do! We invented them!:eek::rocker::ROFL:

Or did we?:D

I do not know much about Vergennes, but I did live in Hanover, NH for four years during my medical training. Vermont is simply beautiful and pristine. Paradise if you like skiing and ice fishing. A refrigerator if you do not like winter sports. Living in New England is what got me started in high end audio. It is too damn cold to do anything else!

Hm.. I dunno I am a bit worried about smuggling the "Black Pizza" out of the country...:devil: Could it not be construed as some type of terrorist frizbee designed specifically for decapitation purposes?
Justin, you do not have to go through U.S. Customs on exiting the country, so the question really is: will your countrymen recognize "Black Pizza" for what it is? :rolleyes:

Just think, flights in the U.S. are cheap, so you could traipse all over the place looking for your pizza fix.

It is too damn cold to do anything else!

Tony, Tony, Tony....did you not see the pic I attached with this thread !!

and I thought you guys that lived in Texas were tough !!

I lived in Williston Vermont for about 6 years (1991 - 1997), about 30 min from Vergennes if my memory serves.
The pic of the snowmobiles that Dave posted - That could be Vergennes. Rural, snowy and cold. Snowshoeing, skiing, snowmobiling, ice fishing (drive your truck out on the lake, cut a hole, and drop in). Nice mountains, very scenic.
Burlington is the largest city in VT and 30 min. Boston is probably 3 - 4 hours (guess), NYC is about 6.
It's an experience even for people I work with to go there from Texas, we have customers in Burlington - IBM has a semiconductor chip manufacturing plant there.
I think you'd enjoy it. Bring a sweater:D

Back