Vantage + Marantz SR8001 receiver...good idea?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiorichard

Reaction score
Since I have to use a receiver with HDMI input for my 5.1 setup, therefore I need Marantz receiver as part of my HD system. However, I love to listen music, how do I improve my system for music listening purpose? should I add a power amp to my Vantage? or do I need another setup to listen music? (add a pre-amp and power amp)
any suggestion ?

Add a 2-channel or 3-channel or even a 5-channel amp. For the money, i would just get a 5-channel amp and boost your whole system.

My vote is for a set of separate listening electronics (finances permitting). You got a set of thoroughbred MLs here, gotta let 'em run and show you what they can do!

Since I have to use a receiver with HDMI input for my 5.1 setup, therefore I need Marantz receiver as part of my HD system. However, I love to listen music, how do I improve my system for music listening purpose? should I add a power amp to my Vantage? or do I need another setup to listen music? (add a pre-amp and power amp)
any suggestion ?

You have a similar issue than I have... I want to use my Denon AVR-3808 with my new ML speakers.
i actually decided to go with the Vantages (instead of Vistas), because I believe those are much easier to drive (since they're powered) and will be much better fit to an integrated receiver.

So, I'll start with the vantages connected to my avr then, I'll pick a dedicated amp (prob a 2 channel), and use it only to drive the vantages.

Back