Vantage: crackling noise

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsckwan

Reaction score
I've recently got this continuous crackling noise from one of the speaker's top panel. Has anyone experience this? I guess is time to use the warranty?

Is there a concern with panel not matching if they need to replace one of them?

I've recently got this continuous crackling noise from one of the speaker's top panel. Has anyone experience this? I guess is time to use the warranty?

Is there a concern with panel not matching if they need to replace one of them?

Hola...you have to be sure that the cracking noise is from the Vantage. Disconnect the speaker cable and listen again. Sometimes the cracking noise could be the preamp or the power amp. There are no signal electronic components attached to the signal flow of the Vantage panel. Try to locate from where this odd sound is produced. If the panel is the one, then should be just from one point, in other words, you can locate by ear from where... Sometimes a debris could produce odd sound, vacuum the panel or with the aid of a brush, clean where you hear this odd sound is, if the panel is doing it. If the cracking odd sound is from all the panel, then I think it is not the panel itself. My recommendation is to change both panels, they are mirror match. They will be replace if they are bad of course under warranty. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Latest posts

Back