Using Script i's without wall-mounting?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NathanC

Reaction score
Looking to pick up a pair of the Script i's, but living in an apartment wall-mounting isn't an option. I tried doing a search, but people's only suggestions seemed to be wall-mount them anyway or buy a used pair of ML floorstanders. I'm not really wanting to do either of those, so any suggestions as to how i can use the Scripts on the floor would be great.

I reckon one option would be to use the wall bracket but just screw this bracket into the pedestal part of a high speaker floor stand, if you get what I mean. This would mean removing the stand's top plate of course. You could then adjust the speakers toe-in quite easily.

It's simple: Just make a stand (leg) by wood ( 3 planks ), make a stable configuration and attach the SCripts with screws by that leg. It's important that the base of the stand to be larger than the print of speaker and keep the level ( high ) of the inferior margin of speaker at 40cm .

If you look at the DIY section of the site you will see how to make a Script stand.

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4955

I saw that, but the lack of finished pictures left me slightly confused. Thanks for all the ideas so far, guys.
I assume the Scripts have a woofer on the bottom and that's why one can't just set them on the floor, correct? I wish there was an easier way; they look so sleek and modern and they can be had for pretty nice prices it seems.

I'll take a photo of my Scripts mounted on the Lovan stands. They have worked extremely well. The nice thing about the Lovan stands are you can raise or lower the spikes in the front or rear to get the exact angle you want. I'll post the photos tonight when I get home.

Looking to pick up a pair of the Script i's, but living in an apartment wall-mounting isn't an option. I tried doing a search, but people's only suggestions seemed to be wall-mount them anyway or buy a used pair of ML floorstanders. I'm not really wanting to do either of those, so any suggestions as to how i can use the Scripts on the floor would be great.

Martin Logan makes a Script on a stand already...........it's called the Clarity;).

If you're not wall mounting why not just buy a floorstanding speaker with better performance.

BTW, I have Script's mounted in an apartment.

My DIY Stand

Nathan,

When I moved from a 5.1 to a 7.1 system I need to build a stand from one of my Scripts as well (it need placed in front of a window). As you can see from the pictures, I threw this together in about an hour from scraps of wood that were lying around left over from other projects. My idea was to prototype something to check placement and then build a finished version later. Hope this gives you some ideas. You just need a board in back about the width of the speakers and a couple of cross pieces to keep it from falling over. if you have any questions or want to talk just shoot me a message.

--burke

Attachments

• IMG_2865.jpg
    IMG_2865.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 764
side views

Attachments

• IMG_2867.jpg
    IMG_2867.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,145
  • IMG_2869.jpg
    IMG_2869.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 743
Here are some pics of my scripts on lovan stands.

Attachments

• script stand1.JPG
    script stand1.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 762
  • script stand2.JPG
    script stand2.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 1,068
Scripts on stands work for me!

I have a pair of Script i's that I could not wall mount as well. I purchased a pair of floor stands from Target Hi Fi in London, Ontario. Model is PB4-16SF, don't know the make, they are 16" high, with a 10" X 10" base and an 8" X 8" top. I paid $250.00 for the pair. I had to put 3 Cardas Cuboids under each speaker and Blu Tacked the top and bottom of the cuboids as there is a port in the bottom of each woofer enclosure (as Nathan pointed out). I suppose you could buy a pair of Scenarios (used) or Claritys, but the nice thing about buying the stands is I could buy them in the height I wanted them in. In my case the Scenarios or Clarities would not be high enough.
Cheers, C.

Latest posts

Back