Used ML - no warranty

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotus

Reaction score
Hello ML club,
I am very close to buy the fantastic Vantage through a private person. I know that ML does not transfer the warrany.
I also know that there are several members here who bought used ML.
I am wondering how it went when you had (if you had) problems with your ML.

thanks for your support

mmmhhhh....
no reply from anyone, maybe I touched a hot topic???
tomorrow I am going to for my Vantage if everything goes well.
it would be great to hear some feedback.

While there might not be an 'official' warranty transfer, I've never heard the factory turn anyone down just because they were not the original owner.
A dealer, on the other hand, might be a different story. But most dealers don’t really know these speakers well enough anyway, and just become an intermediary to the factory.

Matter of fact, one of the reasons ML's are a great buy, new or used, is that the service is top-tier.

If something legitimately breaks, they will work hard to make it right.

If you just have questions, you don't even have to be an owner, they'll talk to you.

Even post warranty period, service is still outstanding, with parts and service available for 20 year-old models. Not many other speaker vendors even have histories that long, never mind stellar reputations for customer care.

Do a search on this site, we’ve covered this before, as well as the service angle. Nothing but heaps of praise for their coverage.

I bought lightly used Ascents from the original owner about six years ago and have never had a problem with them. I have also bought new Summits, new Descent, new Clarities, new Stage, and used Frescos and never had a problem with any of them.

Like Jonathan says, if you do have a problem ML is very helpful and you will be able to get it fixed whatever it may be. It would just cost you a little. As long as the speakers you are buying have been well-cared for in a non-smoking low-humidity environment, you shouldn't have any problems with them. Relax, and enjoy your incredible speakers.

Great! Happy to read your answers. Picking up my car today and driving to get my new Vantage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back