Torn between TWO lovers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.A.P

Reaction score
Well it was a rough day today. I was at a rock and a hard place , a Krell kps25s (My dream unit) was on e BAY and I was biding on it with plastic , of course. I knew it would go for a tad more than I wanted but , I just didn't have it in me to bury my self in that extra debt ! I sadly watched it go for a mere $4150 . Yes that was correct . It was a 20k retail unit in the late 90 early 2000 . It was either buy it at all costs or do some serious maneuvering of words and phrases to MAMA . I guess it will have to be another day as today was not meant to be. :confused:

Nothing wrong with, "living for another day" ! Now I've been "torn between a rock and a hard place" before, but never at both at the same time, how did you pull that one off ??

THis happens to me alot.... seeing something I want just pass me by. Ask Dave and how I couldn't swing the Rotel RB1090 amp he was selling about a year and a half ago.

:(

BUT, I did force myself to take a hit and I just bought a pair of speakers the other day... and I will tell you, I had buyer's remorse for about 3 hours.

Joey

after a few beers to drain my sorrows it seems I may have been cheap. If you would have asked me if I would take a KPS25s for under 5k I probably would have said yes give me 2 ! I just keep reminding my self Another day .Another time !

CAP,

Next time... you gotta get that trigger finger ready!

I am pretty much broke...... but I have a "budget" of $2,500 for my next audio purchase! How the heck does that work?!

Well that's what I usually do get a budget and use plastic for back up. However I just paid all of them off in full and I was a tad hesitant, To get back in that game. Oh well I'm on to a whole new room arrangement now to satisfy my need for something new. I will report the findings later. Its a room I never had them in , Its the biggest room in the house. So it should get interesting. The furniture will have to be removed at some areas. But its all for the best in sound !:music:

yea, Chris I was watching that one after meeting you last Sunday. But with Wadia bringing out their 5 series there may be good deals to be had on their older units.

Does anyone know if the KPS25 on ebay was a legitimate auction? At any given point I would bet at least HALF of anything listed on ebay under 'Krell' should be approached with caution. I'd like a KPS25 myself, but havent seen one on Agon go for that little.
If it sounds as if I'm a bit apprehensive about *good* gear on ebay, I have a reason to be.

Tj

If it sounds as if I'm a bit apprehensive about *good* gear on ebay, I have a reason to be.

Tj

Roger that!! I ALWAYS am leery on ebay of things that sound to good to be true! Especially if they are not PayPal approved and don't have a TON of feedback!

You know That makes me feel better as I did see that same auction company trying to sell the same unit twice. I didn't like the MO or Cashiers check , I am over it and will live to get another one that is safer and easier on my pocket book as I will have a budget for it.

Every once and a while, you hear of someone who steps into a *deal*, but these are the exception, not the rule. For most of us, it takes considerable shopping and careful spending to swap gear. Personally, I'd look for a unit locally that I could try out, unless of couse you are dealing with a seller whom you already trust...even if the price more middle-of-the-road than you'd like.
The KPS25 is a nice unit; I want one also, but it isnt so rare or 'unique' that I cant wait for a solid sale to come along. I know its tough to walk away from something you long for......its a bad cliche' but 'better safe than sorry'.

Tj

If the deal sounds too good to be true, it usually is. The guy that bought your dream is probably contacting Ebay because his purchase doesn't work!:D

Latest posts

Back