Today is My Anniversary!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have now been chatting with you guys on this forum for two years! That means I have officially procrastinated posting my system on the forum for 730 days! Is that a record? O.K., I promise I will get it up soon. Really. No, I mean it this time.

I have greatly enjoyed my time on this forum. I have seen a lot of changes in two years. I have watched Joey go from having a complete newbie system, to slowly building a state of the art audiophile dream system (which lasted for about two months in its "completed state") and then selling everything to start over from scratch.

I have watched Robin go from being the most prolific contributor on the site to being so busy performing live music that she barely says Hi anymore. It's alright, Robin. We still love you.

I have watched Tom go from banning people left and right to . . . well, I guess Tom hasn't changed that much. :D (Kidding, I'm kidding Tom.)

So far, I think I have been involved in at least three or four verbal disputes where the other person involved was actually banned or voluntarily left the site. I can only imagine that I have been a hair or two away from being kicked out myself, but Tom always shows me a little mercy. And I appreciate that.

I really enjoy the heated debates on this site, and sometimes I have heated them up a little more than necessary to get my point across. I apologize for that. I claim professional handicap -- I am a lawyer by training, after all. But I have learned even from those with whom I have disagreed vehemently. And that is really the point of discussion, isn't it?

I have made some great friends on this site. Jonathan, Tom, Joey, Gordon, Tim, Dave, Dan, Robin, Tony, Bernard, Chris, Craig, George, JeffZ, JeffD, Roberto, and all the other regular contributors to this site, I give you my thanks for making this forum such a great place to hang out. This is truly a community of great people and within it resides a vast amount of knowledge, wisdom, and good humor.

I have enjoyed the past two years, and am looking forward to the future as our little community continues to grow and evolve. Thanks to all for keeping it interesting.

Dude,

what are you waiting for? Post your system already!!

It's EASY!!!

Do it or get banned!! <-- kidding... I'm a kidder! ;)

I have now been chatting with you guys on this forum for two years! That means I have officially procrastinated posting my system on the forum for 730 days! Is that a record? O.K., I promise I will get it up soon. Really. No, I mean it this time.

I have greatly enjoyed my time on this forum. I have seen a lot of changes in two years. I have watched Joey go from having a complete newbie system, to slowly building a state of the art audiophile dream system (which lasted for about two months in its "completed state") and then selling everything to start over from scratch.

I have watched Robin go from being the most prolific contributor on the site to being so busy performing live music that she barely says Hi anymore. It's alright, Robin. We still love you.

I have watched Tom go from banning people left and right to . . . well, I guess Tom hasn't changed that much. :D (Kidding, I'm kidding Tom.)

So far, I think I have been involved in at least three or four verbal disputes where the other person involved was actually banned or voluntarily left the site. I can only imagine that I have been a hair or two away from being kicked out myself, but Tom always shows me a little mercy. And I appreciate that.

I really enjoy the heated debates on this site, and sometimes I have heated them up a little more than necessary to get my point across. I apologize for that. I claim professional handicap -- I am a lawyer by training, after all. But I have learned even from those with whom I have disagreed vehemently. And that is really the point of discussion, isn't it?

I have made some great friends on this site. Jonathan, Tom, Joey, Gordon, Tim, Dave, Dan, Robin, Tony, Bernard, Chris, Craig, George, JeffZ, JeffD, Roberto, and all the other regular contributors to this site, I give you my thanks for making this forum such a great place to hang out. This is truly a community of great people and within it resides a vast amount of knowledge, wisdom, and good humor.

I have enjoyed the past two years, and am looking forward to the future as our little community continues to grow and evolve. Thanks to all for keeping it interesting.

Rich,

I look forward to reading your posts and enjoy them very much.

Are you waiting to get the CLX to finally post your system?

Wow...we have had to put up with you for 2 years now...dang...seems just like yesterday..

<Big Grin>

It has been enjoyable to read your posts and (fortunately or unfortunately) I have been in some of the battles with you, but we all stay pretty civilized here with our debates.

Don't bring up the lawyer thing as we all have our disabilities and limitations... :)

Happy Anniversary Rich!

This site is better than any reality tv show. More like an alternate universe soap opera:)

Yes, Rich you do get fired up at times, but I've seen how a contentious argument, when backed up by facts, knowledge and experience can be held without getting personal or petty.

Thanks for helping make this site a daily read for me.

Satch

Rich!

Congrats on the anniversary! I'm approaching my 3 year anniversary now that I think about it... saweet!

You know, there are a few people on this forum who have such an impact on the community that without them - a void would definitely be felt. I'm glad to say that you're one of those.

I raise a Dos Equis beer in your honor....

As I listen to my quasi system....

Joey :)

I have now been chatting with you guys on this forum for two years! That means I have officially procrastinated posting my system on the forum for 730 days! Is that a record? O.K., I promise I will get it up soon. Really. No, I mean it this time..
Rich, I'm beginning to think you really have a Blose system. You only wish you had ML's. Anyone here actually ever see Rich's system.:D

Enjoy??

I think your a confrontation junkie!!:D
Happy Anniversary Rich

Yeah, we've heard that before my dear friend. :rolleyes:

Rich, I've always enjoyed reading your posts, and find you to be very level-headed and fair in your discourse. The fact that you won’t easily roll-over for some might make the discussion heat up or go on longer, but your side is always balanced and non-personal.
We learn from those who do not think like we do or know what we already know. That is indeed the point of discussion.
If we were all slapping each other on the back all the time and being in harmonious agreement on everything, it might get a boring around here ;)

Rich, Congratulations on the 2 years. It seems longer, but the activity as a whole on the site has risen, and in many ways it’s thanks to your participation. You greet newbies, answer questions and start interesting topics, all great examples of being a good citizen of this virtual community.

I also look forward to our discourse and visits over the next years.

Cheers,

Happy Anniversary, Rich. I really enjoy your posts, even though you apparently do not own anything made by Martin Logan; pictures would dispel that myth, of course, IF it is a myth :D

The spirit of this forum I thought was best exemplified a few weeks ago when you and I crossed swords with a newbie, who finally decided that he wanted none of this, and was gong to withdraw forthwith. At that time I asked him to reconsider, as did you, and he did. I thought that was great.

Don't bring up the lawyer thing as we all have our disabilities and limitations... :)

LOL !! two years for Rich....five for the site..... yes indeed a mighty fine place to hang out and talk audio and most definetly Logans !!

Congrats Rich! I enjoy reading your posts and learn alot from them. Rich, people like yourself makes it inspiring to perfect my enjoyment of music listining. :music:

Thanks for all the comments, guys. I have really enjoyed my time on this forum and appreciate the friends I have made.

Needless to say, I am working diligently to get my system photographed and documented for inclusion in the member's systems forum. Any day now . . .

Hi Amigo,

Thank you for your balanced, rational, and sometimes pointed posts. It has been an absolute pleasure to communicate with you on this site as well as meeting and spending an evening with you last summer. I look forward to our next encounter.

Pictures of your system?

We all can only hope but I'm confident that it'll be worth the wait.

G

Ok, I know my post count isn't worthy of paying respect to a long time member, but I have always wondered - is that a little SLK I see you bombing around in?

Reason I ask is I have owned two. The old style and the current one...

Though my post count is low, I have been a member for a while, and have enjoyed your posts. I have just been spying quietly for a long time, judging whether you US guys are worthy of my attention. I have to confess that you are!

Post on - and don't worry about that Joey_V dude. Once he gets fed up with that pretty Italian woodwork, he'll land a pair of MLs again... though I have noticed that he has switched to an all tube set up! VERY sensible!:)

The spirit of this forum I thought was best exemplified a few weeks ago when you and I crossed swords with a newbie, who finally decided that he wanted none of this, and was gong to withdraw forthwith. At that time I asked him to reconsider, as did you, and he did. I thought that was great.

Hey... I resemble that remark (3 stooges humor)...

Rich,

You are a class act. This community certainly has and hopefully will continue to benefit from your presence here.

I really enjoyed our spirited debate a few weeks back. The fact that you were a Lawyer seems to me to be an asset not a handicap. You approach an argument in a level headed but aggressive way. When personalities clash it’s difficult to avoid mudslinging but that never happened. We both kicked up a bit of dirt but it wouldn’t have been nearly as fun had we not.

Happy Anniversary and many happy returns,

Scott

Last edited:
Back