Ticket vs Script i for HT rears

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Reaction score
What do you all think? I know one is in-wall vs on wall. I will be running appox 300 watts from an Emotiva amp to the speakers. They will be mounted behind the couch at ear level. Aerius i or Sequel II for my front channel (still deciding because I will use the other set in my 2ch set-up. I don't know what else to tell you (price is about $100 difference each between the two speakers- Script i being the more expensive).
Thanks!
Nik

Edit: Room is 14ft across so with proper placement I'm looking at 12ft between speakers- so narrow sound stage which makes me think the Sequels wont work so well in my space.

Last edited:
I would suggest you also consider the fresco or fresco i. You can get some good deals on the fresco now that the fresco i is out. The nice thing about these is that you can mount them on the wall, or you can purchase the optional stands and place them on the floor. These make great surround speakers. I'm sure the tickets are good speakers, but I would think an in-wall would just give you less options and flexibility as far as placement. Then again, if you wanted to get creative and do 7.1 you could do a pair of tickets for the side speakers and a pair of helos in-ceiling speakers for the rears. The script i's also make great surround speakers, so it is hard to go wrong.

With no disrespect for the Ticket or their owners, I'd go with the Script i. 1) You would be getting e-stats that will match well sonically with the Sequels or Aerius. 2) Somebody else took the depreciation on the Script i, and they probably won't depreciate much more. 3) The Scripts were on the order of $1800 new and the Tickets are $800 new; you are getting $1000 worth of technology more. 4) The scripts are just more cool!
Torry V.

I would be getting them on clearance- $348 each for Script i and $248 each for ticket. Looks are playing a large part in my decision so......

I would be getting them on clearance- $348 each for Script i and $248 each for ticket. Looks are playing a large part in my decision so......

no Brainer, $700 for a pair of Script i's is a steal. Your amp has plenty of power and as Tav stated the Scripts will match up much better with your fronts.

is this a deal you can share for the scripts? I may be in the market for some also....

Sry I miss typed the Scripts i they are $398. I know, i know sry- check out tweeter.com and under clearence- I think it was Il that had them. I don't mind since I will spend the money on amps first if they are all gone. They also had abyss subs and ticket inwalls.
Nik

Back