Thoughts about the FBI reopening it's case against Hillary

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuwee

Reaction score
Just curious more than anything else, just 9 days until the election of the two worst people to run for the highest office in the USA. Obviously, this won't all be addressed until the election is over.

I'm sure most of you fine people know I'm happier than a pig in $hit about all this :devil:

A vagina took down the first Clinton, now a wiener will take down the other one :ROFL:

I think there are only two ways to look at this. The FBI director is breaking protocol by going public with this at the end of the election which makes some Dem's mad or he is covering his butt by releasing this immediately so no one can claim he was being partisan about it.

All he has said is that this is pertinent, but he doesn't know if it is significant.

Paraphrasing, he said we've got new stuff, but we don't know if it matters yet.

Meanwhile everyone is reading what they want into this, suggesting he wouldn't bring this up if it weren't important. The GOP which was complaining that he was in Hillary's pocket is now saying all kinds of great things about him.

I've even heard that he is hedging his bets and that this will all go away if Hillary is elected, but he would run with it if Trump defied all odds and won the election.

The bottom line is that he hasn't said that there is anything in there that will causes Hillary problems yet and odds are that this will all go away.

Last edited:
i understand Comy covering his butt. I don't understand why he would come public at this point without having read any of the material in question.

And it may not be new but redundant material that his office has already seen.

Stuwee, where do you come up with the conclusion that they are "reopening their case against Hillary Clinton"? He said they came into possession of emails that may (or may not) be pertinent to the investigation and that he has agreed to allow his investigators to review them and determine their significance (or lack thereof). That is literally all we know right now, and probably all we will know until after the election. Could be a republican dream smoking gun in there, or could be absolutely nothing of interest. We don't know.

I will say that the way Trump and republicans are gleefully playing this off as further evidence of Hillary's crookedness, 9 days before the election, is the prime reason why the Justice Dept. has a policy of not releasing this type of information so close to an election. If this were enough to throw the election to Trump, and it turns out there is nothing new or the information is irrelevant, Comey's career (and reputation) will be finished.

Appears these e-mails were not on HRC's private e-mail server. How far does this witch hunt go?

And yes, appears Comey (as Rich stated) did not follow protocol and he really is covering his ass.

I simply have to shake my head regarding the absolute hatred that some hold for HRC absent any conclusive proof (facts) that justify their feelings.

Seems like facts are out of vogue these days regarding their use and relevance in forming a defensible opinion.

How much lower can this country go?

My hope is that Canada relaxes their immigration policy so I can relocate and move from this toxic, hate filled, conspiracy driven country.

Gordon

PS: Seems many people act on the basis of "political expediency" and not on what's the "right / defensible" thing to do.

I'm glad STU that you are happier than "a pig in $hit" as this country decends into the cess pool. Where's McCarthy when you need him?

Oh I forgot. He's dead.

Last edited:
come on Gordon, you mean you're not moving to Mexico ! ........ :devil:

That could be an option my friend. Only issue is hurricanes. I do have several friends that have done that.

One thing I've been wondering about:

Does the US not have a definite policy on what happens to a President's finances/assets once he takes charge? Trump has said that he would hand control to his children, but is that allowed? I would think not.

One thing I've been wondering about:

Does the US not have a definite policy on what happens to a President's finances/assets once he takes charge? Trump has said that he would hand control to his children, but is that allowed? I would think not.

I don't think it is a requirement, but more something that there is a precedent for. However he would be wide open for all kinds of conflict of interest issues because of that. As it is he has a court date for a rape accusation from a 13 year old and piles of other lawsuits.

I'm just very grateful that Trump won't be the next president. I think the fact he got this far should send shivers up the spines of the heads of the GOP and everyone in Washington. Change is coming, but it needs to be more than a simple FU to government. We need a real leader who can make things happen. Unfortunately Trump is just a very good con man.

We need a real leader who can make things happen.

Kid, you have no idea how true a statement you just made................ 'Teddy' , come back from the grave would 'ya !

Unfortunately Trump is just a very good con man.

personally, I don't think he ever though he would get this far, nor did the GOP think so, that's how screwed up they are.

Hello Rich, please forgive my semantics, I'm not up all the legalize speak. The FBI is re looking into the emails...is that better? You are a highly respected member of this forum and, a very successful attorney, I respect your opinions.

Gordon, this is not about the hidden and highly illegal server on the Clinton's property (who cares if it was in the basement or where the f it was)? It was emails from Hillary to an unsecured laptop that was also accessed by Wiener. Who knows what was on it, the point is those messages had no business being there!

Comey might be saving his ass... guilty.jpg , can you blame him? Huma has gotten knee deep in this as well, Hillary's right hand man, so to speak, bless her sick, twisted, pedophile husband for blowing open some doors. Go ahead and say, "This all all nothing that hasn't been seen before, Hillary was exonerated from all charges about her emails, she said she was sorry"!! Pleeeease !!

Fact: Three days before the FBI director Comey stated that no charges will be filed, Bill Clinton boarded US Attorney General Lynch's private jet, no cameras, no audio allowed! IIRC, it was stated they talked about the kids softball games or something...

Fact: The day before the above said FBI director Comey stating that no charges will be filed, the Clinton "Foundation" gave 1 Million to a high ranking FBI director's wife's run for a senate seat in Virginia, with monies funneling back into the "Foundation" the next day!!

Wake TFU people! I stand behind Comey doing what he feels is right, he's showing some integrity where it has been sorely lacking lately, the FBI is our last chance at a truism in all this BS, obviously, the Justice Dept has been bought and sold...Lynch is laughing her big ass off right now, knowing she just might skate by on this one...

Many of us are really and truly ****ed off right now...

BTW, Dave, I heard we can get a very lovely beachfront condo in Belize for about $30,000 US, lovely people, awesome food and drinks :cool:. Have to upgrade the stereo to 240 tho. And they drive on the correct side of the motorway, on the right :eek:

The FBI has stated that after their initial scan through the emails on the laptop, that the emails originated from that laptop and do not appear to involve Hillary.

So once again a bunch of hand waving and people getting all riled up about nothing.

Comey could have waited a couple days to at least see if it looked like these emails had any impact on Hillary, but instead he effectively created a "mystery" that anyone could use to fill in the blanks on what might be inside.

This is the worst sort of BS. FUD generated over what might be in a black box.

Hello Rich, please forgive my semantics, I'm not up all the legalize speak. The FBI is re looking into the emails...is that better? You are a highly respected member of this forum and, a very successful attorney, I respect your opinions.

Haha. Just for the record, I am nothing more than a very lucky man who happened to work as an Assistant D.A. for a few years. I understand the law, but haven't practiced since I retired sixteen years ago. I do appreciate your kind comment, though.

It was emails from Hillary to an unsecured laptop that was also accessed by Wiener. Who knows what was on it, the point is those messages had no business being there!

I would caution you on stating unsubstantiated rumors as if they were fact. You simply don't know if there are any emails from Hillary on this computer. You don't know if any of those emails dealt with State Department business. You don't know if any of the emails on there had any business being on there or not. I know you are excited about the possibility of a smoking gun to finally put Hillary in jail, but please try to avoid regurgitating rumors until we get some actual facts. Like most "bombshells" about Hillary, this is likely to turn out as much ado over nothing.

Edit: Oh, and it was Virginia Governor Terry McAullife's PAC (not the Clinton Foundation) who gave $500,000 (not $1,000,000) to the Associate Director of the FBI's wife's campaign (she was, after all, running as a Democrat in VA), and it was done in September 2015 (not the day before Comey's announcement). Honestly, when your stated "fact" contains so many obviously partisan errors, it becomes difficult to take anything you say seriously.

Last edited:
After hitting my half century birthday I'm still being called "Kid". I guess I'm young at heart!

Hell my 'kid' brother is eight years older than you, yeah you're still a kid ! .........lucky bugger !!

Haha. I know you are excited about the possibility of a smoking gun to finally put Hillary in jail

she would look stunning in an orange jump suit IMO !!! ......... :D

Whichever way this turns out, for the sake of you guys I hope that on November 8th there is no violence in Trump's "certain areas"...or any other areas, but I expect that there will be, unfortunately.

From what I can tell the odds have gone from 10:1 in Hillary's favor to 5:1 in Hillary's favor and there about a 70% chance that the Democrats will win control of the Senate.

Estimates are that Hillary will appoint between 2 and 3 Supreme Court Justices during her first term as president.

I think Hillary is going to surprise a lot of people and be a good president.

I think this makes a lot of sense.

14915130_10154658017098064_8595398544323541446_n.jpg

Last edited:
Dave, I guess this means that you prefer older women.....not that there's anything wrong with that! :devil:

why of course Bernard, that's why I married one !

Estimates are that Hillary will appoint between 2 and 3 Supreme Court Justices during her first term as president.

that could be of concern .................

I think Hillary is going to surprise a lot of people and be a good president.

I would gladly welcome a nice surprise but I'm afraid my idea of a good prez and that of most libs are two different things.

Back