They're here! They're here! My Summits are Here!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PS - You did get the Summit handshake didnt you?
But Joey, you said it was a secret handshake! I'm just a lowly "Junior Member" on this great forum, but you're THE Joey. When someone like you tells someone like me a secret of that magnitude, they can't afford to divulge it to *anybody* for fear of loosing all of their credibility. I was afraid to even mention you'd given it to me! ;)

Last edited:
I'm jealous, I never got the secret handshake. :confused:

Ken,
Not a software developer. I have been a program/project manager and been in support for too many years either running or hiding in the background and avoiding the power struggles.

Jeff:cool:

Well, I get to cheat a bit on the power struggles. I co-founded the company 30 years ago, and have designed and/or developed most of our software products. (Its good to be the king. ;) )

Ken,
Yes it is good to be the king! :D
I can't help but think about the title of this thread, "There here, There here....", I am sorry but in my warped mind and sense of humor it reminds of the "The Jerk" when Steve Martin was running saying "The new phonebooks are here, the new phonebooks are here". Sorry I couldn't hold it in any longer.

As promised, here is our current system, but in its natural habitat (i.e., in the family room and a bit messy). You can see the Ascent mains, Theater center, and Descent sub, and on the side the Summits, Sunfire pre-pro, and Sunfire amp waiting anxiously to join the fun.

Attachments

• P2250029 (Medium).JPG
    P2250029 (Medium).JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 109
Ken,
Yes it is good to be the king! :D
I can't help but think about the title of this thread, "There here, There here....", I am sorry but in my warped mind and sense of humor it reminds of the "The Jerk" when Steve Martin was running saying "The new phonebooks are here, the new phonebooks are here". Sorry I couldn't hold it in any longer.

Ah yes...one of those movie moments that once seen, will never be forgotten. Another is from the movie Stripes...whenever I hear the Manfred Mann song Do Wah Diddy, I can't help but think of the scene with Bill Murray and the others marching on the parade grounds...:)

Peter

Is that 3 Sony multi disk CD changers I see?? How full are thay?

Sunfire Nice!!! I love the Sunfire ML sound.

Is that 3 Sony multi disk CD changers I see?? How full are they?
Would you laugh at me if I told you that only one of them still had room (about 2/3 full)? :eek:

(Let's see. 400 times 2 2/3 equals ... :eek: )

I feel a need to explain, though. My lovely wife of 40 years is a movie fan, but is also handicapped. As her condition progressed over the years (its MS) and it got too difficult to visit a theater, we started accumulating our DVD library and I created our first HT system. Then when she could no longer physically manage picking and playing a movie, I put together the DVD management system you see in the picture. Its driven by an Escient DVDM-100, and you can scroll through our movies on the screen and then simply hit 'Play'. She loves it (and I'm kind of fond of it, too).

As promised, here is our current system, but in its natural habitat (i.e., in the family room and a bit messy). You can see the Ascent mains, Theater center, and Descent sub, and on the side the Summits, Sunfire pre-pro, and Sunfire amp waiting anxiously to join the fun.

Looks real nice my good man!

So what's going to happen to the Ascents after you put the Summits up front? Do they become rears or go to the bedroom?

Joey :)

Back