The Neurochemistry of Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Statman,
Now you lost me, I thought Atropine injections were used for low heart rate
What does it have to do with tears and the runs??:confused:

For the life of me I can't figure out your acronym??:confused:

I've gotten all medical training watching "Emergency 51".:D

Basically, you're going into cholinergic (parasympathetic) overload...

You need to block it with something anticholinergic... like atropine.

However, for the opiate withdrawal I had quoted, what is really indicated are some alpha2 agonists like clonidine for moderate symptoms and some methadone detoxification. Naltrexone only works for opiate overdose.

So there you have it.... when you go on an extended vacation without the good sound of Martin Logans, be sure to have some Clonidine, Methadone, and some atropine for good measure!

Joey

Yesterday I watched the New Year concert in Vienna - under the direction of Zubin Mehta - and I watched it twice. And the first time the volume was at 0 db (usually my wife claims that -20 dB is TOO loud). The sound was not coming through the ML's but through the JBL's, with the receiver set to 7+1 extended surround mode. I could have opened a dopamine store - when the music is music all else disappears. Whew, what an experience ! At the end, my father in law had tears in his eyes...

Which lowers the heart rate into the bradycardic range (below 60 beats per minute).
The hard part is jamming the needle through your clothes and pushing the button to inject the meds,Ouch!:eek:

Ooo! Hate putting needles in myself! NOT FUN!

I guess I am bradycardic. My resting pulse is about 48 and I am routinly between 58 and 60 if I just stop what I am doing and set still for a minute or two.

I read somewhere that Lance Armstrong had a resting pulse of 38!

Latest posts

Back