The Krell Kps 25s is in da house.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.A.P

Reaction score
Well after waiting a bit to get this thing here. I hooked it up last week and did the usual set up disc runs. I had to re arrange my whole room speaker wise as it is so much more detailed than my Theta. The placement of instruments is dead on with a synergy that is smooth as silk. My torture track as I call it is EVA CASSEDY singing "Amazing Grace" alcapello.(spell check dint even recognize it) I have heard this track on $300k systems that made your ears bleed. The Krell left me breathless. It was not harsh or edgy. Almost , TUBE like !:eek: Its dead center on image and has as wide as a sound stage as it gets. The bass is typical Krell deep and powerful. The build is typical Krell battle ship. I love the fact that I can control my amp and CD player with one table top remote. Its as heavy as some CD players it self. Then there is a cigarette sized remote for the tracks volume and such for the player too. Both are solid billet aluminum The top Lexan cover is clear until you hit play then it turns opaque to block out any light that may get in. I have heard a lot of players and this may be the best one I have heard in all around terms of detail staging and bass. That being said its not a player for every one, but it fits for me !

Attachments

• S6302030 (Small).JPG
    S6302030 (Small).JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 2,014
  • S6302038 (Small).JPG
    S6302038 (Small).JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 3,197
I've only seen one of these before, and that was a static demo. I remember reading some rave reviews when it was first introduced, and I really like the industrial design. I'll bet is has great synergy with your Krell amp. Happy Listening C.A.P.!

Yes , Tim , it blends as well as I have heard. Especially spending some time this past weekend at Audio Karma AKA FEST listening to whats out there. I wouldn't trade it for nothing soon.

Very nice looking machine. I just checked the price - about the same as getting a pair of CLX :eek:

Oh ! They aint that bad , you can find them if you shop ! The retail price was ridiculous. The used market is scarce as they are not let go easily. I was lucky to find what I got !

Latest posts

Back