The Death of Rap "Music"

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, the world and the UK in particular, was a perfect place before rap (actually Hip-Hop) started and if we could only ban it and burn all the books about it the world would be perfect once again. My final word!

While we're at it can we burn country music too!

Sigh Where to begin...

The reason there is so much violence in rap is that it sells, period, if talking about murder money and women didn't make the labels money it would not be so pervasive. So really its money thats corrupted Hip-hop, and we all know what big money does to music. There is also a yin to the yang, perhaps you just haven't been exposed to good rap, I'm from NYC and I remember becoming a little depressed with the state of hip-hop when Puff Daddy's awful 'hip-pop' was everywhere then Most Def & Talib Kwelis 'Blackstar' album came out like a ray of light at the end of the tunnel, sophisticated beautiful and conscious anybody curious about hip-hop who doesn't know where to begin should really pick up this album. Then you have some amazing crossover genres comming out of hip hop like Gnarles Barkley's 'Crazy'. Even some of the mainstream artists are pretty darn talented Jay-Z may not preach a good message but his word play and vocals are allway's spot-on, his project with DJ Danger Mouse Comes to mind as particularly interesting its called The White Album The music is made entirely of samples from the Beatles White Albums, pretty cool stuff if you ask me.

No, the world and the UK in particular, was a perfect place before rap (actually Hip-Hop) started and if we could only ban it and burn all the books about it the world would be perfect once again. My final word!

I think we need a world of total government control who sensors our beloved kids from all things the government deems improper. If the current government gets their way I think we will be there soon. Long live freedom of choice, freedom of speech and freedom of expression.

Oh crap!! My kid just saw a boobie on TV I have to go wash his eyes out with soap. :eek:

A little tounge and cheek???? I suppose so I guess I just get frustrated by certain things from time to time.

BTW Risabet you are right! :rocker:

Last edited:
The biggest problem with listening to rap on MLs is actually being able to understand the stupid lyrics! That said my Summits do the bass so well I just can't help myself!

Sigh Where to begin...

The reason there is so much violence in rap is that it sells, period, if talking about murder money and women didn't make the labels money it would not be so pervasive. So really its money thats corrupted Hip-hop, and we all know what big money does to music. There is also a yin to the yang, perhaps you just haven't been exposed to good rap, I'm from NYC and I remember becoming a little depressed with the state of hip-hop when Puff Daddy's awful 'hip-pop' was everywhere then Most Def & Talib Kwelis 'Blackstar' album came out like a ray of light at the end of the tunnel, sophisticated beautiful and conscious anybody curious about hip-hop who doesn't know where to begin should really pick up this album. Then you have some amazing crossover genres comming out of hip hop like Gnarles Barkley's 'Crazy'. Even some of the mainstream artists are pretty darn talented Jay-Z may not preach a good message but his word play and vocals are allway's spot-on, his project with DJ Danger Mouse Comes to mind as particularly interesting its called The White Album The music is made entirely of samples from the Beatles White Albums, pretty cool stuff if you ask me.

Agreed, there is a lot of positive stuff out there. Anyone rememebr the Fugee's, Mos Def, Beastie Boys etc. I like what I've heard from Matisyahu as well.

Lumping things together in sweeping generalizations and proclaiming all rap is evil is like saying all modern art is bad because Raushenburger used junk (found objects).

Latest posts

Back