System Setup Mosaics

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Girlleo

Reaction score
Hi, new to the world of "HI-Fidelity"... a few questions for the more learned!

System:
Front = Mosaics - (Used)
Center and rears = Vignette (new)
Sub Woofer = Denon (don't know the model number, I'm at work)
Receiver = Denon AVR-4306
TV = 46 inch Samsung LCD 1080P (4695)

1) I need advice on setting up for best results. I went through the Microphone setup with the receiver, and I think it should sound better.

OR...Will the sound really improve with more hours on the system?

2) Any suggestions on where to get training on using the receiver. I feel like you have to be a rocket scientist to use it.....

3) The Sub is one I canabilized from a 2 channel Denon system that I placed in the kitchen (built in, ceiling speakers, kind of cool). I know it is not a great sub. Should I skip it for now and add a better sub later. OR...Do I need a sub at all with the Mosaics?

Hi, new to the world of "HI-Fidelity"... a few questions for the more learned!

System:
Front = Mosaics - (Used)
Center and rears = Vignette (new)
Sub Woofer = Denon (don't know the model number, I'm at work)
Receiver = Denon AVR-4306
TV = 46 inch Samsung LCD 1080P (4695)

1) I need advice on setting up for best results. I went through the Microphone setup with the receiver, and I think it should sound better.

OR...Will the sound really improve with more hours on the system?

2) Any suggestions on where to get training on using the receiver. I feel like you have to be a rocket scientist to use it.....

3) The Sub is one I canabilized from a 2 channel Denon system that I placed in the kitchen (built in, ceiling speakers, kind of cool). I know it is not a great sub. Should I skip it for now and add a better sub later. OR...Do I need a sub at all with the Mosaics?

Hola, and I think that you are right when you say that your sound can be better. The microphone is just an aid to help balance your system, but sometimes the adjustment is wrong. Do this: first of all, go the the setup menu of your Denon and set the speakers as follows: Mosaic full range, then the Vignettes to small, front and rear. At the subwoofer, the frequency cut choose 80Hz. At the sub, use the same frequency cut. Set the distance of all speakers from your seat to them...also the sub. If you put the sub at a corner, the low frequency will be enhanced. As starting point, set all channel levels at 0 dBs...then adjust one at a time, if it is necessary. If you think that the rear speakers are not working when you are listening music...yes, they are. These are for effects only or echoes for ambience and stage. You have a very good sounding HT system...take you time to learn all the features that you have with them...time will teach you how. Trust your ears, and I wish you a very happy listening,
Roberto.

Back