System #448 (Aeon)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusion2007

Reaction score
1. Wasi

2. St. Louis, Missouri .USA

3. AEON

4. 2012

5. NONE

6. 4 Monitors, 2x 24inch Dell Ultrasharps; 2x 27inch Apple Cinema displays; custome built computer; Creative Labs XFI-Elite Pro Sound Card with Ext-decoder
Rotel pre-amp, Onkyo m-505 power amp(looking to upgrade)

7. just got these speakers from a trade and now im a ML die hard fan that now im upgrading to something much better from ml.
I know the position of them in my room is terrible, but its only temporary as im getting new ones. Im still not satisfied by any means in terms of how it looks in my room just yet, soo any suggestions are much appreciated.
thanks

IMG_3205.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3204.jpg
    IMG_3204.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 430
Now that's what I call near-field! Welcome.

Tomdac
thanks, yeah it is, its not perfectly center but its fine temporarily

MPS
thanks

slowgeezr
yeah i do,lol, majority of my work is on the comp, but im trying to make it less and less, thats why im creating my ultimate music system, to help me relax and fall into a trance listening to music, haha

my new system will be setup this week
hopefully

wow.........like wearing a giant pair of headphones !

welcome! That's cool corner you've got there. Try some better preamp/amp and you'll like them even more :)

What? You just got a pair of ML Spires

yup!! its truly amazing!! just need to find a nice pair of cables now

just saw your vistas, i was going to go with those but ended up getting good deal on these

What deal did you get on them? I really like the Spires but dont have the space and the approval to get those. So jealous now :) . I'm happy with my Vistas but bigger still better, heheh.

i got the pair for 5k. haha i know what you mean, there big, my gf had a fit about em. im still trying to win her over but, in any case these babies arent going anywhere. there amazing.

Yeah, they are. Rotel 1550 receiver is good but I think the Spires deserve better than that. Have you thought about going separate with more quality preamp/amp(s), if you have the budget to go further? They will reward you even more. ;)

yeah i have thought about it, but unfortunatly i need to wait a bit before i spend any more major bucks. i will upgrade all the preamp definitly the amplifier. if anything i think the amplifier needs to be updates first. maby get a integrated amp. any recomenndations?

any recomenndations?

Wasi, upgrade your enviroment first, the spire's, regardless of your upstream componetry will not benefit from the speaker placement you have. get room and acoustics in order first.

Wasi, upgrade your enviroment first, the spire's, regardless of your upstream componetry will not benefit from the speaker placement you have. get room and acoustics in order first.

im working on that. the system is setup in my bedroom. so im trying to figure out a way to make it work. i have to much family living with me right now, so i cant risk putting it anywhere else, with it gettign ruined, and honestly the more i listen to it, i wanna keep it in my room. i love waking up to music in the morning

Back