System #443 (Vista)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

langood

Reaction score
Name: Joe

ML Vista

Associated components:
Amp's - Parasound - Halo A21 Two-Channel Amplifier
Pre-amp - Parasound - Halo P3 Balanced Preamplifier
CD - Onkyo C-7030 Compact Disc Player (Black) *Change to Cambridge Audio Azur 350C CD Player
Power: Monster HTS 3600 MKII 10-Outlet Power Center with Stage 3 Clean Power
Added
Signal Speaker cables and RCA cables
Pangea Audio AC-14 Powercord for CD player, speakers and Pre-Amp.
Pangea Audio AC-9 for Amp

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,085
Last edited:
Joe, welcome aboard......now pull those Vista's out away from the wall and do some thing to treat the window behind your right speaker. You're not even coming close to what those babies can do !

Tks Dave, what do you suggest me put behind right speaker?

Joe, actually both speakers being so close to the 'surface' behind them should be treated, obvoiously the glass is even more reflective. Drapes would be better than blinds. Check out some of the threads on room treatments, acoustic absorption materials , etc.

Your ears will thank you !

Congrats Joe! Nice setup. I bet the Parasound controls the Vista's quite nicely and sounds awesome.
Would agree on moving the speakers out or at least putting some drapes up (or both )
When I started out, was using monster cables and moving one setup up to Signal Cable (which are cheaper than the upper end monsters) also made a differnce. A little bit of tweaking here and there will make a world of difference.
Enjoy your system!

Congrats Joe! Nice setup. I bet the Parasound controls the Vista's quite nicely and sounds awesome.
Would agree on moving the speakers out or at least putting some drapes up (or both )
When I started out, was using monster cables and moving one setup up to Signal Cable (which are cheaper than the upper end monsters) also made a differnce. A little bit of tweaking here and there will make a world of difference.
Enjoy your system!

Hi Mickey, tks for your advise.. would you recommend me to replace all the cables to Signal cables? any suggestions?

i just placed order with Signal cables as below items. I will try them out first. Does anyone have experience on these cables? are these cables will fit to my system? Since i have the power center, do i need to upgrade the power cords for pre-amp and amp or speakers?

1. Analog Two Balance XLR - XLR
2. Ultra Biwire Ultra Biwire - Per Channel: 6 feet , Termination Choices: BFA Banana to BFA Banana
3. Analog Two Copper Bullets RCA

You've got the right idea, try them out first. There is a cable lending library you could also use to check out various brands. There is a lot of nonsense out there regarding cables and their capabilities, but there are definitely perceived differences in sound from them. Good luck.

My entire system is pretty much Signal cable.. analog (Analog Two and Silver Resolution for the DAC) and digital optical and Coax. I haven't gotten to replacing the power cords to the speakers but eventually will do so. Even though I have a Monster Power unit, all my power cables for my components and subwoofer have been upgraded. I'm pretty happy with the setup. (Mo only other cable reference has been Monster THX and Nordost Blue Heaven speaker and analog - they're all long gone)
You'll get a whole lot of opinions on cables but I think Signal is a great place to start in the journey. Experimentation is great if and you get a chance to try before you buy.. go for it.
Enjoy!

i just placed order with Signal cables as below items. I will try them out first. Does anyone have experience on these cables? are these cables will fit to my system? Since i have the power center, do i need to upgrade the power cords for pre-amp and amp or speakers?

Last edited:
Back